Cannot connect to internet

I was just connected to the internet and restarted my computer. Now I cannot
connect. It is the starngest thing I can ping everythign via IP or by name
however when I try to connect to the internet I get Cannot display this page.
I have trid setting up a static IP and Obtaining an IP automatically. I am
using a Linksys router and have reset it to test. All of my other computers
connected via this router are working fine.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about cannot connect internet

    IE, Tools menu, Options, Connection Tab, Lan Settings button, UNcheck the 'automatically detect.." checkbox.

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson
    "Trevor" <Trevor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C860FD40-B35E-4086-8437-8622DB9CCBB8@microsoft.com...
    >I was just connected to the internet and restarted my computer. Now I cannot
    > connect. It is the starngest thing I can ping everythign via IP or by name
    > however when I try to connect to the internet I get Cannot display this page.
    > I have trid setting up a static IP and Obtaining an IP automatically. I am
    > using a Linksys router and have reset it to test. All of my other computers
    > connected via this router are working fine.
    > Any help is greatly appreciated.

Connection Internet Windows XP