Asus Software won't Recognize Asus Laptop

I picked up a refurbished Asus Zenbook Prime UX31A-DB51 from Amazon recently. It came with no Asus drivers or software pre-installed. I activated windows with the Asus Windows key I found on the wall charger, but a few Asus programs I downloaded won't recognize it as an Asus laptop. The program of primary concern is the Asus live-update application and a couple of others.

Any advice on how to get my laptop to realize that it is, in fact, born and bred Asus so I can put that stuff on?
2 answers Last reply
More about asus software recognize asus laptop
  1. claec said:
    I picked up a refurbished Asus Zenbook Prime UX31A-DB51 from Amazon recently. It came with no Asus drivers or software pre-installed. I activated windows with the Asus Windows key I found on the wall charger, but a few Asus programs I downloaded won't recognize it as an Asus laptop. The program of primary concern is the Asus live-update application and a couple of others.

Any advice on how to get my laptop to realize that it is, in fact, born and bred Asus so I can put that stuff on?

i too have the same problem i bought a new asus k53sv laptop but some of the programs wont recognize the laptop as asus laptop some one please provide a solution.
  2. Solved it myself actually. It's a driver download from Asus that you have to install first: "ATKACPI driver and hotkey-related utilities". The download page for your model is linked to below.
    http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/K53SV/#support_Download_30
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Laptops Software