Closed

How to monitor temperature of dell inspiron?

Archived from groups: comp.sys.intel,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

Hey,

i have dell inspiron 9300 with intel centrino 1.743ghz... is there a program
to monitor the cpu temperature, and at that is there a program to change the
speed of the cpu as well?

thanks,

marley
8 answers Last reply
More about monitor temperature dell inspiron
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.intel,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    news-server.si.rr.com wrote:
    > Hey,
    >
    > i have dell inspiron 9300 with intel centrino 1.743ghz... is there a program
    > to monitor the cpu temperature, and at that is there a program to change the
    > speed of the cpu as well?
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > marley

    For Windows, check out http://www.diefer.de/i8kfan/ Also note you can
    control your processor speed by simply clicking the batter (or AC
    adaptor) icon by the clock (specific settings are made in control panel).

    Under Linux, acpitool can give you the temp and battery info from a
    shell prompt. gkrellm can be used for temp info in X. I use cpufreqd
    and cpufreq-set to adjust my CPU speed (I usually leave it set to
    On-Demand or Performance), be sure to compile speedstep-centrino as a
    module if it isn't in your kernel.
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.intel,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    Hmmm... Uh, NO there is NOT a program to change the speed of the CPU.

    --
    DaveW

    "news-server.si.rr.com" <rabramson1@si.[nospam]rr.com> wrote in message
    > Hey,
    >
    > i have dell inspiron 9300 with intel centrino 1.743ghz... is there a
    > program to monitor the cpu temperature, and at that is there a program to
    > change the speed of the cpu as well?
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > marley

  3. You can monitor the temperature of most hard drives using spinrite. It's not free, but is invaluable. I recently ran a test on my inspiron 9300's hard drive and it had a temp of 120 degrees farenheit while under stress test. W/o stress it's down to about 115 degrees. I'm curious if anyone else has gotten similar results.
  4. 3 year old thread revivals are epic.
  5. Indeed they are.
  6. This topic has been closed by Aford10

Dell Dell Inspiron Monitors CPUs Intel Temperature Computers