peter

Hi

I am having a problem with my mouse on my machine. It is a clean SP2 install
but when I use a Microsoft wheel mouse optical or the cordless variation of
it it
stops working a few minutes after it boots, sometimes it just doesn't work at
all. I hve tried removing the offending peripherals through device manager
under normal and safe mode but this keeps happening. I have also tried with
two other mice of the same model.

Any help would be appreciated

-Peter

peter

Hi

I have tried it with and without the intellipoint software and neither setup
works. I tend not to use it because it annoys me (irrational, I know) and
have never had any problems in the past. If it is any help, last time I tried
to remove it from device manager, when I rebooted it worked for about 5
minutes then died.

Thanks

-Peter

You didn't say whether you have installed the dedicated Microsoft
Intellipoint software that comes with the mouse.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

> Hi
>
> I am having a problem with my mouse on my machine. It is a clean SP2
> install
> but when I use a Microsoft wheel mouse optical or the cordless variation
> of
> it it
> stops working a few minutes after it boots, sometimes it just doesn't work
> at
> all. I hve tried removing the offending peripherals through device manager
> under normal and safe mode but this keeps happening. I have also tried
> with
> two other mice of the same model.
>
> Any help would be appreciated
>
> -Peter

It shouldn't matter.

The mouse should continue to work with or without it. The intellipoint
software is NOT needed for base functionality of the mouse.

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

> You didn't say whether you have installed the dedicated Microsoft
> Intellipoint software that comes with the mouse.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
>
> If you knew as much as you thought you know,
>

> "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> I am having a problem with my mouse on my machine. It is a clean SP2
>> install
>> but when I use a Microsoft wheel mouse optical or the cordless variation
>> of
>> it it
>> stops working a few minutes after it boots, sometimes it just doesn't
>> work at
>> all. I hve tried removing the offending peripherals through device
>> manager
>> under normal and safe mode but this keeps happening. I have also tried
>> with
>> two other mice of the same model.
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated
>>
>> -Peter

chelsea

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2005

> Hi
>
> I am having a problem with my mouse on my machine. It is a clean SP2
> install
> but when I use a Microsoft wheel mouse optical or the cordless variation
> of
> it it
> stops working a few minutes after it boots, sometimes it just doesn't work
> at
> all. I hve tried removing the offending peripherals through device manager
> under normal and safe mode but this keeps happening. I have also tried
> with
> two other mice of the same model.
>
> Any help would be appreciated
>
> -Peter

Hi Peter,
presumably your mouse is USB, do you have other USB devices working and are
you aware if they draw power from the USB hub? Also sorry this is so obvious
but when did you last change the batteries in the cordless mouse? Also when
the mouse stops working, in the case of the corded optical, is the sensor on
the underside illuminated.

Chelsea