Boot.ini for dual boot system

If someone has one physical drive with Windows 98 on C:\windows and
Windows XP on D:\windows, what should their boot.ini file have in it
so that they can chose which one to boot with? Thank you in advance
for all replies.
--
My cat really loves me. When it is cold at night he lies right
up against me in the bed to help keep me warm.

More about boot dual boot system

    HOW TO: Edit the Boot.ini File in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=289022

    The Purpose of the Boot.ini File in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314081

    Safe-Mode Boot Switches for Windows Boot.ini File
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;239780

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:1ujpc1le35up4p1gqpqv84i66effmnu95m@4ax.com,
    Daniel Prince <neutrino1@comcast.net> hunted and pecked:
    > If someone has one physical drive with Windows 98 on C:\windows and
    > Windows XP on D:\windows, what should their boot.ini file have in it
    > so that they can chose which one to boot with? Thank you in advance
    > for all replies.
    > --
    > My cat really loves me. When it is cold at night he lies right
    > up against me in the bed to help keep me warm.

    > World! >100,000 Newsgroups ---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total
    > Privacy via Encryption =---

    Something like this:
    [boot loader]
    timeout=30
    [operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
    C:\="Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition"
    (I've changed the names of the OS)

    --
    www.fermu.com
    ¡Regístrate y participa!

    "Daniel Prince" <neutrino1@comcast.net> escribió en el mensaje news:1ujpc1le35up4p1gqpqv84i66effmnu95m@4ax.com...
    > If someone has one physical drive with Windows 98 on C:\windows and
    > Windows XP on D:\windows, what should their boot.ini file have in it
    > so that they can chose which one to boot with? Thank you in advance
    > for all replies.
    > --
    > My cat really loves me. When it is cold at night he lies right
    > up against me in the bed to help keep me warm.

Dual Boot Boot Windows XP