Fido Not Charging International Roaming?

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
June 18, 2005 11:44:23 AM

Last September my girlfriend and I were in Mexico. I using my Rogers
phone and her using her Fido. We each had at least one long distance
call. One incoming for her and myself several incoming. I promptly got
billed by Rogers and she still hasn't gotten billed. The Cellular
provider Telmex was used by both of us. Is this common?
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 5:33:31 PM

Pavel wrote:
> call. One incoming for her and myself several incoming. I promptly got
> billed by Rogers and she still hasn't gotten billed. The Cellular
> provider Telmex was used by both of us. Is this common?

Yes an no. When Fido started and allowed roaming on Omnitel in new york
(later Voicestream, later T-Mobile), there were problems with exchanges
of data/tapes and sometimes it would take weeks for the data to get
transmitted, and sometimes it was so late that they didn't bother
putting the tapes through. But later on, they seem to get their act
together and roaming charges started to appear on the same bills. I
still remember getting a bill with a long distance charge by Fido, but
it was a couple months later that the actual call charges appeared :-)

If the total amount billed by Telmex to Fido is less than the cost to
FedEx the tape to Fido guess what may happen ?
!