System restore point activation

July 7, 2005 7:16:01 AM

Hello,

I'm having the following problem; I installed a registry cleaner and it
cleaned my register and then it asked for a restart. So I restarted my laptop
but after windows was loaded it froze and it still does. I only see windows
(XP SP2) loading and then I get a black screen. I can't do a thing anymore! I
even tried to start in safe mode but that didn't help either (still get a
black screen). Also starting with the last working configurations doesn't
work. Luckily I made a system restore point before scanning my register and
now my question is: is it possible to activate my last restore point??

Or would you advise something else?

Thanks in advance!
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 4:36:33 PM

See if this helps:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307545

--
www.fermu.com

"Accidentje" <Accidentje@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:119CBBC2-10E4-4D43-A861-8D88492C355F@microsoft.com...
> Hello,
>
> I'm having the following problem; I installed a registry cleaner and it
> cleaned my register and then it asked for a restart. So I restarted my laptop
> but after windows was loaded it froze and it still does. I only see windows
> (XP SP2) loading and then I get a black screen. I can't do a thing anymore! I
> even tried to start in safe mode but that didn't help either (still get a
> black screen). Also starting with the last working configurations doesn't
> work. Luckily I made a system restore point before scanning my register and
> now my question is: is it possible to activate my last restore point??
>
> Or would you advise something else?
>
> Thanks in advance!
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 4:36:34 PM

Do not use the procedure that is described in this article if your computer
has an OEM-installed operating system.

I do have such computer...

"José Gallardo" wrote:

> See if this helps:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307545
>
> --
> www.fermu.com
>

> "Accidentje" <Accidentje@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:119CBBC2-10E4-4D43-A861-8D88492C355F@microsoft.com...
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm having the following problem; I installed a registry cleaner and it
> > cleaned my register and then it asked for a restart. So I restarted my laptop
> > but after windows was loaded it froze and it still does. I only see windows
> > (XP SP2) loading and then I get a black screen. I can't do a thing anymore! I
> > even tried to start in safe mode but that didn't help either (still get a
> > black screen). Also starting with the last working configurations doesn't
> > work. Luckily I made a system restore point before scanning my register and
> > now my question is: is it possible to activate my last restore point??
> >
> > Or would you advise something else?
> >
> > Thanks in advance!

July 7, 2005 6:27:22 PM

Hi,

You will find instruction on how to use System Restore from the
command prompt at the bottom of the following web page.
All About System Restore in WinXP
http://bertk.mvps.org/

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

Accidentje wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm having the following problem; I installed a registry
> cleaner and it cleaned my register and then it asked for
> a restart. So I restarted my laptop but after windows was
> loaded it froze and it still does. I only see windows (XP
> SP2) loading and then I get a black screen. I can't do a
> thing anymore! I even tried to start in safe mode but
> that didn't help either (still get a black screen). Also
> starting with the last working configurations doesn't
> work. Luckily I made a system restore point before
> scanning my register and now my question is: is it
> possible to activate my last restore point??
>
> Or would you advise something else?
>
> Thanks in advance!
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 9:17:40 PM

Perhaps giving a reason for this would be helpful.

!