System restore point activation

Hello,

I'm having the following problem; I installed a registry cleaner and it
cleaned my register and then it asked for a restart. So I restarted my laptop
but after windows was loaded it froze and it still does. I only see windows
(XP SP2) loading and then I get a black screen. I can't do a thing anymore! I
even tried to start in safe mode but that didn't help either (still get a
black screen). Also starting with the last working configurations doesn't
work. Luckily I made a system restore point before scanning my register and
now my question is: is it possible to activate my last restore point??

Or would you advise something else?

Thanks in advance!
4 answers Last reply
More about system restore point activation

    See if this helps:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307545

    --
    www.fermu.com

    "Accidentje" <Accidentje@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:119CBBC2-10E4-4D43-A861-8D88492C355F@microsoft.com...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm having the following problem; I installed a registry cleaner and it
    > cleaned my register and then it asked for a restart. So I restarted my laptop
    > but after windows was loaded it froze and it still does. I only see windows
    > (XP SP2) loading and then I get a black screen. I can't do a thing anymore! I
    > even tried to start in safe mode but that didn't help either (still get a
    > black screen). Also starting with the last working configurations doesn't
    > work. Luckily I made a system restore point before scanning my register and
    > now my question is: is it possible to activate my last restore point??
    >
    > Or would you advise something else?
    >
    > Thanks in advance!

    Do not use the procedure that is described in this article if your computer
    has an OEM-installed operating system.

    I do have such computer...

    "José Gallardo" wrote:

    > See if this helps:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307545
    >
    > --
    > www.fermu.com
    >

    > "Accidentje" <Accidentje@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:119CBBC2-10E4-4D43-A861-8D88492C355F@microsoft.com...
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I'm having the following problem; I installed a registry cleaner and it
    > > cleaned my register and then it asked for a restart. So I restarted my laptop
    > > but after windows was loaded it froze and it still does. I only see windows
    > > (XP SP2) loading and then I get a black screen. I can't do a thing anymore! I
    > > even tried to start in safe mode but that didn't help either (still get a
    > > black screen). Also starting with the last working configurations doesn't
    > > work. Luckily I made a system restore point before scanning my register and
    > > now my question is: is it possible to activate my last restore point??
    > >
    > > Or would you advise something else?
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance!

    Hi,

    You will find instruction on how to use System Restore from the
    command prompt at the bottom of the following web page.
    All About System Restore in WinXP
    http://bertk.mvps.org/

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    Accidentje wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm having the following problem; I installed a registry
    > cleaner and it cleaned my register and then it asked for
    > a restart. So I restarted my laptop but after windows was
    > loaded it froze and it still does. I only see windows (XP
    > SP2) loading and then I get a black screen. I can't do a
    > thing anymore! I even tried to start in safe mode but
    > that didn't help either (still get a black screen). Also
    > starting with the last working configurations doesn't
    > work. Luckily I made a system restore point before
    > scanning my register and now my question is: is it
    > possible to activate my last restore point??
    >
    > Or would you advise something else?
    >
    > Thanks in advance!

    Perhaps giving a reason for this would be helpful.

    "Accidentje" <Accidentje@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Do not use the procedure that is described in this article if your
    > computer
    > has an OEM-installed operating system.
    >
    > I do have such computer...
    >
    > "José Gallardo" wrote:
    >
    >> See if this helps:
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307545
    >>
    >> --
    >> www.fermu.com
    >>

    >> "Accidentje" <Accidentje@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el
    >> mensaje news:119CBBC2-10E4-4D43-A861-8D88492C355F@microsoft.com...
    >> > Hello,
    >> >
    >> > I'm having the following problem; I installed a registry cleaner and it
    >> > cleaned my register and then it asked for a restart. So I restarted my
    >> > laptop
    >> > but after windows was loaded it froze and it still does. I only see
    >> > windows
    >> > (XP SP2) loading and then I get a black screen. I can't do a thing
    >> > anymore! I
    >> > even tried to start in safe mode but that didn't help either (still get
    >> > black screen). Also starting with the last working configurations
    >> > doesn't
    >> > work. Luckily I made a system restore point before scanning my register
    >> > and
    >> > now my question is: is it possible to activate my last restore point??
    >> >
    >> > Or would you advise something else?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks in advance!

Registry Cleaner System Restore Windows XP