MPEG Video mame cab COOL!

Last response: in Video Games
September 28, 2005 4:23:48 PM

Check out this mame cab, very nice work!

http://www.megapathdsl.net/~hwilliams/Video/Roto06.MPG

It's 12 megs.

Brent
September 28, 2005 5:53:10 PM

I'm usually pretty quick to dismiss MAME cabs, but that is damn
impressive.
Anonymous
September 28, 2005 7:45:40 PM

<joey@thejadedgamer.net> wrote in message
> I'm usually pretty quick to dismiss MAME cabs, but that is damn
> impressive.

Kinda looks awkward to play to me (the 'normal' JAMMA controls way back on
the panel), but I bow down in humble reverence to the mechanical design.
Nice job, whoever you are! ;-)

(I wonder if the center rotating joystick assemblies can turn infinitely or
if there's a cable that can only twist so many times...)

-Clay
September 28, 2005 11:56:51 PM

Wow .. that took some ingenuity. Even the most hardcore purists would
have to be impressed with that one, I would think.

Thanks for sharing it, Brent.

MM

--
Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

Lot of work went into designing that. Pretty cool.

Pat D.

BrentRadio wrote:
> Check out this mame cab, very nice work!
>
> http://www.megapathdsl.net/~hwilliams/Video/Roto06.MPG
>
> It's 12 megs.
>
> Brent

Anonymous
September 28, 2005 11:58:08 PM

That's pretty cool.. I like all the different options he has and it looks
easy enough to move the stuff around, but you'd think that with all the work
he put into the machine that there might be a bigger monitor in it. It
looks like a 17" monitor in there.. I would have gone for a 25 or 27..
Vertical games must look tiny, like playing on a 13" monitor. But all in
all, nice work.

just my 2ยข

Scott

"Pat Danis" <patdanis@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Lot of work went into designing that. Pretty cool.
>
> Pat D.
>
> BrentRadio wrote:
>> Check out this mame cab, very nice work!
>>
>> http://www.megapathdsl.net/~hwilliams/Video/Roto06.MPG
>>
>> It's 12 megs.
>>
>> Brent
Anonymous
September 29, 2005 12:16:01 PM

Whoever did that, took some great pride into that.
I would've made it so the whole control panel rotated (not in
sections), however.
Nevertheless.. wow.

Marcel

BrentRadio wrote:
> Check out this mame cab, very nice work!
>
> http://www.megapathdsl.net/~hwilliams/Video/Roto06.MPG
>
> It's 12 megs.
>
> Brent
Anonymous
September 29, 2005 2:08:17 PM

all that work and such a small monitor.
pretty sick though.

k.

"MilitiaMan" <steven.moritz@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Wow .. that took some ingenuity. Even the most hardcore purists would
> have to be impressed with that one, I would think.
>
> Thanks for sharing it, Brent.
>
> MM
>
> --
> Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
> http://www.gamernewsgroups.com
Anonymous
September 29, 2005 5:59:55 PM

My feelings exactly.

And, um, did you mean "slick"?

Mario

"Keith in NJ" <winner@soulshot.com> wrote in message
> all that work and such a small monitor.
> pretty sick though.
Anonymous
September 30, 2005 4:30:23 AM

Damn, after about the 3rd swap it really reminded me more of Rubics'
Cube. :D

!