MPEG Video mame cab COOL!

Check out this mame cab, very nice work!

http://www.megapathdsl.net/~hwilliams/Video/Roto06.MPG

It's 12 megs.

Brent
9 answers Last reply
More about mpeg video mame cool

    I'm usually pretty quick to dismiss MAME cabs, but that is damn
    impressive.

    <joey@thejadedgamer.net> wrote in message
    > I'm usually pretty quick to dismiss MAME cabs, but that is damn
    > impressive.

    Kinda looks awkward to play to me (the 'normal' JAMMA controls way back on
    the panel), but I bow down in humble reverence to the mechanical design.
    Nice job, whoever you are! ;-)

    (I wonder if the center rotating joystick assemblies can turn infinitely or
    if there's a cable that can only twist so many times...)

    -Clay

    Wow .. that took some ingenuity. Even the most hardcore purists would
    have to be impressed with that one, I would think.

    Thanks for sharing it, Brent.

    MM

    --
    Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
    http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

    Lot of work went into designing that. Pretty cool.

    Pat D.

    BrentRadio wrote:
    > Check out this mame cab, very nice work!
    >
    > http://www.megapathdsl.net/~hwilliams/Video/Roto06.MPG
    >
    > It's 12 megs.
    >
    > Brent

    That's pretty cool.. I like all the different options he has and it looks
    easy enough to move the stuff around, but you'd think that with all the work
    he put into the machine that there might be a bigger monitor in it. It
    looks like a 17" monitor in there.. I would have gone for a 25 or 27..
    Vertical games must look tiny, like playing on a 13" monitor. But all in
    all, nice work.

    just my 2¢

    Scott

    "Pat Danis" <patdanis@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > Lot of work went into designing that. Pretty cool.
    >
    > Pat D.
    >
    > BrentRadio wrote:
    >> Check out this mame cab, very nice work!
    >>
    >> http://www.megapathdsl.net/~hwilliams/Video/Roto06.MPG
    >>
    >> It's 12 megs.
    >>
    >> Brent

    Whoever did that, took some great pride into that.
    I would've made it so the whole control panel rotated (not in
    sections), however.
    Nevertheless.. wow.

    Marcel

    BrentRadio wrote:
    > Check out this mame cab, very nice work!
    >
    > http://www.megapathdsl.net/~hwilliams/Video/Roto06.MPG
    >
    > It's 12 megs.
    >
    > Brent
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    all that work and such a small monitor.
    pretty sick though.

    k.

    "MilitiaMan" <steven.moritz@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Wow .. that took some ingenuity. Even the most hardcore purists would
    > have to be impressed with that one, I would think.
    >
    > Thanks for sharing it, Brent.
    >
    > MM
    >
    > --
    > Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
    > http://www.gamernewsgroups.com
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    My feelings exactly.

    And, um, did you mean "slick"?

    Mario

    "Keith in NJ" <winner@soulshot.com> wrote in message
    > all that work and such a small monitor.
    > pretty sick though.
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    Damn, after about the 3rd swap it really reminded me more of Rubics'
    Cube. :D

    On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 13:59:55 -0500, "Mario D'Alessio"
    <dalessio@motorola.NOSPAM.com> wrote:

    >My feelings exactly.
    >
    >And, um, did you mean "slick"?
    >
    >Mario