How can I reduce the size of the system restore folder?

How can I reduce the size of the system restore folder?

It is about 2G and I need to reduce it in size. I have not used it that
much.

/ My deja
3 answers Last reply
More about reduce size system restore folder

    Go to Start/Control Panel/Performance & Maintenance/Free up space on your
    hard disk Look at the "More Options" tab - System Restore. You can clear
    all restore points except the most recent one there.

    --
    Peter
    Toronto, Canada
    <mydejamail@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

    > How can I reduce the size of the system restore folder?
    >
    > It is about 2G and I need to reduce it in size. I have not used it that
    > much.
    >
    > / My deja

    The option Performance and Maintenance isn't where you indicate on this
    system.

    click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click System. In the
    System Properties dialog box, click the System Restore tab. Select a drive
    from the Available drives box by clicking it, and then click Settings. If
    you have only one drive or partition, it is selected for you. In the Drive
    <drive:>settings box, move the Disk space to use slider to change the disk
    space allocation for System Restore. Note that you cannot exceed 12 percent
    of the available disk space.

    "Peter" <ex-brit AT rogers DOT com> wrote in message
    > Go to Start/Control Panel/Performance & Maintenance/Free up space on your
    > hard disk Look at the "More Options" tab - System Restore. You can clear
    > all restore points except the most recent one there.
    >
    > --
    > Peter
    > Toronto, Canada
    > XP Home SP2
    > P4 HT @ 3ghz, 1gb RAM, 160gb HD
    > <mydejamail@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>
    >> How can I reduce the size of the system restore folder?
    >>
    >> It is about 2G and I need to reduce it in size. I have not used it that
    >> much.
    >>
    >> / My deja

    Hi,

    How to Adjust the amount of disk space System Restore uses
    http://bertk.mvps.org/html/diskspace.html

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    mydejamail@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
    > How can I reduce the size of the system restore folder?
    >
    > It is about 2G and I need to reduce it in size. I have
    > not used it that much.
    >
    > / My deja

Support Microsoft System Restore Windows XP