How can I reduce the size of the system restore folder?

July 7, 2005 9:11:10 AM

How can I reduce the size of the system restore folder?

It is about 2G and I need to reduce it in size. I have not used it that
much.

/ My deja
July 7, 2005 12:16:47 PM

Go to Start/Control Panel/Performance & Maintenance/Free up space on your
hard disk Look at the "More Options" tab - System Restore. You can clear
all restore points except the most recent one there.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada
<mydejamail@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

> How can I reduce the size of the system restore folder?
>
> It is about 2G and I need to reduce it in size. I have not used it that
> much.
>
> / My deja

Anonymous
July 7, 2005 5:38:47 PM

The option Performance and Maintenance isn't where you indicate on this
system.

click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click System. In the
System Properties dialog box, click the System Restore tab. Select a drive
from the Available drives box by clicking it, and then click Settings. If
you have only one drive or partition, it is selected for you. In the Drive
<drive:>settings box, move the Disk space to use slider to change the disk
space allocation for System Restore. Note that you cannot exceed 12 percent
of the available disk space.

"Peter" <ex-brit AT rogers DOT com> wrote in message
news:o O7n92ugFHA.2852@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Go to Start/Control Panel/Performance & Maintenance/Free up space on your
> hard disk Look at the "More Options" tab - System Restore. You can clear
> all restore points except the most recent one there.
>
> --
> Peter
> Toronto, Canada
> XP Home SP2
> P4 HT @ 3ghz, 1gb RAM, 160gb HD
> <mydejamail@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>> How can I reduce the size of the system restore folder?
>>
>> It is about 2G and I need to reduce it in size. I have not used it that
>> much.
>>
>> / My deja

Anonymous
July 7, 2005 6:33:55 PM

Hi,

How to Adjust the amount of disk space System Restore uses
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/diskspace.html

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User