Degraded GPRS w/HipTop

Any other Fido HipTop users noticing signifigantly slower GPRS data
transfer rates in the last week or so?

Danger outages aside, although the service still seems to be pulling
web requests and getting them out to the handset quickly enough, it's
seeminly increasingly slower and slower physically loading them.

For example, the "Loading" bar will appear after a brief "Requesting"
wait, but then the "Loading" process seems very, very slow, with data
arriving in very small chunks, sometimes with signifigant delays
between chunks.

After the last upgrade at Danger, GPRS data speeds on the HipTop were
very good. Now, still no timeouts and failures, but just generally
slower speeds.

I have a sneaky suspicion it's just a Rogers issue, with overloaded
towers and Data being relegated to low priority, but I'm wondering if
anyone else is experiencing the same?

---
Mark Morissette
Courtice, Ontario, Canada
http://oshawapilot.blogspot.com (My student pilot blog)

Mark Morissette wrote:
> Any other Fido HipTop users noticing signifigantly slower GPRS data
> transfer rates in the last week or so?
>
> Danger outages aside, although the service still seems to be pulling
> web requests and getting them out to the handset quickly enough, it's
> seeminly increasingly slower and slower physically loading them.
>
> For example, the "Loading" bar will appear after a brief "Requesting"
> wait, but then the "Loading" process seems very, very slow, with data
> arriving in very small chunks, sometimes with signifigant delays
> between chunks.
>
> After the last upgrade at Danger, GPRS data speeds on the HipTop were
> very good. Now, still no timeouts and failures, but just generally
> slower speeds.
>
> I have a sneaky suspicion it's just a Rogers issue, with overloaded
> towers and Data being relegated to low priority, but I'm wondering if
> anyone else is experiencing the same?
>

> ---
> Mark Morissette
> Courtice, Ontario, Canada
> http://oshawapilot.blogspot.com (My student pilot blog)

I haven't noticed any slowdown in loading web pages. It is still
incredibly slow! My main use for it is as an email appliance and it is
certainly fast enough for that.

Brendan