Need gateway app to sniff all network/wifi traffic

Archived from groups: alt.internet.wireless,comp.security (More info?)

I have a private network using a router with a built-in wifi AP. I'm
paranoid that someone might be on my wifi. I want to monitor all the
traffic that's going through the router for a day or two and collect any
interesting packets e.g. unencrypted web sites, smtp, etc. (I think) I
want to run some kind of software that will live on a spare linux box and
compile this data. I'll set the router to use that machine as a gateway.
Does anyone know some software that will do this?

Thanks for your help,
Mitchua

On 2004-05-01, Mitchua <mitchuaNOSPAM@hush.com> wrote:
> I have a private network using a router with a built-in wifi AP. I'm
> paranoid that someone might be on my wifi. I want to monitor all the
> traffic that's going through the router for a day or two and collect any
> interesting packets e.g. unencrypted web sites, smtp, etc. (I think) I
> want to run some kind of software that will live on a spare linux box and
> compile this data. I'll set the router to use that machine as a gateway.
> Does anyone know some software that will do this?

ettercap

--
Hrvoje Spoljar spole@x.pbf.hr.NOSPAM

TRENDING THREADS