Is there a way to automatically reconnect a drive that has..

I use a laptop and travel from my university to my home to my job and
each has devices which I connect to while I am in each location. If I
boot my laptop and it can't find the drive it will disconnect the drive
but keep it there. I want to be able to tell it that the drive is now
available so when I call of form the command line it will give me the
drive I need access to. Is this possible?

basically a net use <drive I want that is available sometimes> /ok it's
available again so connect an map it

i hope my syntax makes sense.

thank you in advance,

john
3 answers Last reply
More about automatically reconnect drive

    so I can simply reconnect the network cable at home and start moving
    data and it should work? I will try it.

    I have another question. I have been toying with the idea of going
    completely wireless on my home network instead of cables. I figured
    out how I can share my internet connection and resources. In theory, I
    shouldn't even need to buy a router. This is my question. If I plug
    wireless NICS into all machines and then the machine with internet gets
    a second, and behaves as a gateway, I shouldn't need a router correct?

    I want to run this experiment to see how it works.

    Thanks for the help,

    fwiw
    my laptop has it's own hdd plus ten mapped drives. and one available
    unmapped drive.
    even when the mapped drives show as disconnected a mouse click or run
    command line instantly opens or runs whatever path it is aimed at , even on
    the unmapped drive provided of course that the remote drive is actively
    running on the same network.

    "tmt" <john.toliver@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >I use a laptop and travel from my university to my home to my job and
    > each has devices which I connect to while I am in each location. If I
    > boot my laptop and it can't find the drive it will disconnect the drive
    > but keep it there. I want to be able to tell it that the drive is now
    > available so when I call of form the command line it will give me the
    > drive I need access to. Is this possible?
    >
    > basically a net use <drive I want that is available sometimes> /ok it's
    > available again so connect an map it
    >
    > i hope my syntax makes sense.
    >
    > thank you in advance,
    >
    > john

    I went home and it worked without any user configuration. Thank you

Laptops Connection Windows XP