Gravitar question..

Hi All..

Haky.....

My machine has been frying my boardsets.

I have another working boardset now...had to swap my black widow roms
out for my gravitar chips.

I have just replaced the Big Blue on the power supply, and I found
another audio regulator and swapped it out as well.

Just to be on the safe side, I will swap out the monitor.

Now....what is the chance of when I turn on my machine...that my
boardset will be safe?????

could a the heavy power unit on the power supply (where the wires and
lead or whatever) be bad?? Could that fry my boardset?

Again...

always thanks!!!

Ditto. If you want to be sure get a different block and ar2. Measure
volts first then reload the pcb. The monitor can't fry your board.

I can't see how the monitor could fry the board set but ooooooh-kay, I
can see the desire to play it absolutely safe.

I'd measure the voltages w/o the main PCB plugged in - make sure that
the power block is putting out what it should (check the schematics)
and also hit the A/RII test points for proper voltages and lastly check
that the wiring harness where the main PCB plugs into has the correct
measurements going to all of the right locations (again, schematics
will be your friend here).

Steve P.

You could also place a couple of quick Blow Fuses in the suspect lines
and at least provide a bit of protection. 10 to 20 dollars in fuses
and fuse holders (plus and bit of soldering and wires and/or
interconnectors) is much better than a blown circuit board...

Darryl Pike

did you do the AR mod to prevent the 5V sense line failure from ramping up
your 5V to board blow levels?

http://www.stickycarpet.com/pinx/pp2page2.html