Search function from Windows Start Menu

The search results window does not open when the Search function on the
Start menu is selected. Search, otherwise, seems to work fine, both
within IE and other Explorer windows like My Documents. Uninstalling
and reinstalling Windows XP SP2 did not fix the problem. I suspect that
there is a registry entry that is missing. Any suggestions?

Ralph

Show the hidden files and folders Rightclick C:\Windows\Inf\srchasst.inf Click install. The required file is in ../I386 folder on
the XP CD

--
Mark L. Ferguson