Available Networks

I'm only able to pull Rogers today, not far from a Co - odd.
Usually only able to pull /Fido/ until I get out of the city.

Montreal area, anyone else?

TIA

--
siljaline
6 answers Last reply

    siljaline wrote:

    > I'm only able to pull Rogers today, not far from a Co - odd.
    > Usually only able to pull /Fido/ until I get out of the city.
    >
    > Montreal area, anyone else?

    Montreal is being "done". Fido cells now broadcasting Rogers channels.

    On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 19:38:11 -0400, JF Mezei
    <jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com> wrote:

    >siljaline wrote:
    >>
    >> I'm only able to pull Rogers today, not far from a Co - odd.
    >> Usually only able to pull /Fido/ until I get out of the city.
    >>
    >> Montreal area, anyone else?
    >
    >Montreal is being "done". Fido cells now broadcasting Rogers channels.

    Rogers only here too...

    For the last 2 weeks I can't keep a call more than 5 minutes... I get
    dropped non stop and I can't call out about 30% of the time, always
    "network unavailable" or "network busy" (and thats with my phone
    locked to Rogers!)

    5 years with Fido and NEVER had a dropped call... now I can't talk
    more than 5 minutes... thanks Rogers.

    I realize they are in transition, but if this is the kind of service I
    am to expect I am not impressed.

    siljaline Wrote:
    > I'm only able to pull Rogers today, not far from a Co - odd.
    > Usually only able to pull /Fido/ until I get out of the city.
    >
    > Montreal area, anyone else?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > --
    > siljaline

    Hi,
    Try this link for coverage info:
    http://www.gsmworld.com/roaming/gsminfo/cou_ca.shtml

    Regards
    Kevbert.

    --
    Kevbert

    Fido/Rogers is doing work on their network in the Montreal area this
    weekend. I received an automated call from their system at 1-866-534-3436 on
    Friday in regards to it. The automated call seemed to indicate that only
    "Rogers" would be available or we should lock our phone onto Rogers if we
    have any problems. My phone has been locking onto Rogers for the past few
    weeks (disconnecting/reconnecting frequently in the day). I'm hoping that
    the work that they do to their network this weekend fixes this.

    Go Go Gadget Harry Eugene Ly <consumers-get-bad-service@big-f*-companies.com>:
    > Fido/Rogers is doing work on their network in the Montreal area this
    > weekend. I received an automated call from their system at 1-866-534-3436 on
    > Friday in regards to it. The automated call seemed to indicate that only
    > "Rogers" would be available or we should lock our phone onto Rogers if we
    > have any problems. My phone has been locking onto Rogers for the past few
    > weeks (disconnecting/reconnecting frequently in the day). I'm hoping that
    > the work that they do to their network this weekend fixes this.

    I'm in Halifax, and I've seen some really demented behavior too.

    Sometimes, my phone will ask me to pick an operator, and give me the
    choice between Fido and Fido. Fido tells me I get no network access,
    but Fido works.

    On Friday, I was out in the suburbs, where I used to get great coverage,
    but Fido wouldn't let me place any local calls. I couldn't call 611 or
    voicemail either. But, I could call long-distance to my Ottawa number
    that's forwarded to my cell here and check my voicemail that way.

    Add in the typical statements about how ass-like the call quality is
    now, and you'll get a general impression of my fodness for Mr. Rogers.

    --
    Rob.Russell@Canada.Com, Unicorn of Usenet & Bastard of Bandwidth
    "If my son wants to be a pimp when he grows up, that's fine with me. I

    Rob Russell wrote:
    > Sometimes, my phone will ask me to pick an operator, and give me the
    > choice between Fido and Fido. Fido tells me I get no network access,
    > but Fido works.

    Why did you get your phone ?

    My theory is that after the merger, all fido phones were programmed to
    display "Fido" instead of "Rogers" in the network name. Pretty silly
    because in situation where you don't have access to Rogers, you think
    you have Fido service, but then it is denied. And in your cases, it was
    my understanding that Rogers allowed fido customers to roam onto
    Rogers's network wherever there is already Fido coverage.

    > voicemail either. But, I could call long-distance to my Ottawa number
    > that's forwarded to my cell here and check my voicemail that way.

    That is most interesting. That is a real bug with the network. Oh,
    remember that if local calls don't work, try dialing all 10 digits, then
    if that fails, try +1xxx-nnn-nnnn. If it is a locakl call, you won't be
    charged for long distance even if you dialed the +1

Fido Rogers Internet Service Providers