Cannot Open Outlook window

When Outlook 2003 appl starts to open, receive the following message:

"Cannot start MS Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The
set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Contact
your admin if this condition persists".

My IP is available.

Control Panel/Add Remove has an entry for Office, while gives a "Detect and Repair" option.

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"GailD" <GailD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21516068-B34F-4F90-8A72-C6EF9ECB1BA2@microsoft.com...
> When Outlook 2003 appl starts to open, receive the following message:
>
> "Cannot start MS Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The
> set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Contact
> your admin if this condition persists".
>
> My IP is available.

Thanks. I installed an Outlook SP and restarted. It fixed the problem.

Gail

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> Control Panel/Add Remove has an entry for Office, while gives a "Detect and Repair" option.
>
> --
> Mark L. Ferguson
> "GailD" <GailD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21516068-B34F-4F90-8A72-C6EF9ECB1BA2@microsoft.com...
> > When Outlook 2003 appl starts to open, receive the following message:
> >
> > "Cannot start MS Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The
> > set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Contact
> > your admin if this condition persists".
> >
> > My IP is available.

mandark_rocks

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009

Control Panel/Add Remove has an entry for Office, while gives a "Detect and Repair" option.

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"GailD" <GailD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21516068-B34F-4F90-8A72-C6EF9ECB1BA2@microsoft.com...
> When Outlook 2003 appl starts to open, receive the following message:
>
> "Cannot start MS Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The
> set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Contact
> your admin if this condition persists".
>
> My IP is available.

Mandark.

I have done same thing which you done as Control Panel/Add Remove has an entry for Office, while gives a "Detect and Repair" option. It's also wont work for me, but try the following things and tell me the Result.

1. Log in as any other account or local user/Administrator account to Computer.

2. Try to open the Outlook when you log-in.

3. If you able to open your Outlook there might be the problem in the user profile which you are using MS Outlook that's why you are not able to open the MS Outlook when you log-in as that user.

4. First take the backup of that user profile and then just rename the profile, if you not able to rename the profile reboot the computer and then directly log-in as different user (don't log-in as user which you facing the Cannot start MS Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. problem)

5. When you finish the renaming the profile then log-in as user which you facing problem of MS Outlook when you have rename the profile it will create the new profile with all default settings.

6. Now try to open the MS Outlook now. It will open and then restore the data which you have taken backup of it. Don't Copy and paste all the profile just paste the important data.

It will work if you facing problem with only for a particular user. tell me the Result.

Regards,

Mandark <rocking_rocks@live.com>