windows xp and printer

I have installed a cannon bjc 6000 printer on a windows xp machine.. It will
not print and I'm wondering if I need to download a different driver.. I
printed a test page and the only thing that printed was the colorful window
symbol... The current driver assigned to printer is the Cannon bjc6000
driver.. This printer was bought 3-4 years ago and I used it on a windows 98
Dell machine... Any suggestions would be helpful... thanks in advance...
Lora
4 answers Last reply
More about windows printer

    Maybe you need new ink cartridges !
    "LLeniczek" <LLeniczek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have installed a cannon bjc 6000 printer on a windows xp machine.. It
    >will
    > not print and I'm wondering if I need to download a different driver.. I
    > printed a test page and the only thing that printed was the colorful
    > window
    > symbol... The current driver assigned to printer is the Cannon bjc6000
    > driver.. This printer was bought 3-4 years ago and I used it on a windows
    > 98
    > Dell machine... Any suggestions would be helpful... thanks in advance...
    > Lora

    Thanks for your response , however, I just bought the ink cartridges....

    "Ron Lucas" wrote:

    > Maybe you need new ink cartridges !
    > "LLeniczek" <LLeniczek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I have installed a cannon bjc 6000 printer on a windows xp machine.. It
    > >will
    > > not print and I'm wondering if I need to download a different driver.. I
    > > printed a test page and the only thing that printed was the colorful
    > > window
    > > symbol... The current driver assigned to printer is the Cannon bjc6000
    > > driver.. This printer was bought 3-4 years ago and I used it on a windows
    > > 98
    > > Dell machine... Any suggestions would be helpful... thanks in advance...
    > > Lora

    Lora, go here and download and install this XP driver. First, remove any
    old Cannon drivers and software. Look in Control Panel>
    Add/Remove Programs.
    http://drivers.soft32.com/driver/download-Canon_BJC_6000-23391.html

    "LLeniczek" <LLeniczek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have installed a cannon bjc 6000 printer on a windows xp machine.. It
    >will
    > not print and I'm wondering if I need to download a different driver.. I
    > printed a test page and the only thing that printed was the colorful
    > window
    > symbol... The current driver assigned to printer is the Cannon bjc6000
    > driver.. This printer was bought 3-4 years ago and I used it on a windows
    > 98
    > Dell machine... Any suggestions would be helpful... thanks in advance...
    > Lora

    Thanks Rich I will certainly give this a try... The print cartridges are
    brand new , I forgot to mention that ....

    "Rich Barry" wrote:

    > Lora, go here and download and install this XP driver. First, remove any
    > old Cannon drivers and software. Look in Control Panel>
    > Add/Remove Programs.
    > http://drivers.soft32.com/driver/download-Canon_BJC_6000-23391.html
    >

    > "LLeniczek" <LLeniczek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I have installed a cannon bjc 6000 printer on a windows xp machine.. It
    > >will
    > > not print and I'm wondering if I need to download a different driver.. I
    > > printed a test page and the only thing that printed was the colorful
    > > window
    > > symbol... The current driver assigned to printer is the Cannon bjc6000
    > > driver.. This printer was bought 3-4 years ago and I used it on a windows
    > > 98
    > > Dell machine... Any suggestions would be helpful... thanks in advance...
    > > Lora

Printers Windows XP