I have installed a cannon bjc 6000 printer on a windows xp machine.. It will
not print and I'm wondering if I need to download a different driver.. I
printed a test page and the only thing that printed was the colorful window
symbol... The current driver assigned to printer is the Cannon bjc6000
driver.. This printer was bought 3-4 years ago and I used it on a windows 98
Dell machine... Any suggestions would be helpful... thanks in advance...
Lora

Maybe you need new ink cartridges !
"LLeniczek" <LLeniczek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have installed a cannon bjc 6000 printer on a windows xp machine.. It
>will
> not print and I'm wondering if I need to download a different driver.. I
> printed a test page and the only thing that printed was the colorful
> window
> symbol... The current driver assigned to printer is the Cannon bjc6000
> driver.. This printer was bought 3-4 years ago and I used it on a windows
> 98
> Dell machine... Any suggestions would be helpful... thanks in advance...
> Lora

Thanks for your response , however, I just bought the ink cartridges....

"Ron Lucas" wrote:

> Maybe you need new ink cartridges !
> "LLeniczek" <LLeniczek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have installed a cannon bjc 6000 printer on a windows xp machine.. It
> >will
> > not print and I'm wondering if I need to download a different driver.. I
> > printed a test page and the only thing that printed was the colorful
> > window
> > symbol... The current driver assigned to printer is the Cannon bjc6000
> > driver.. This printer was bought 3-4 years ago and I used it on a windows
> > 98
> > Dell machine... Any suggestions would be helpful... thanks in advance...
> > Lora

Lora, go here and download and install this XP driver. First, remove any
old Cannon drivers and software. Look in Control Panel>
Add/Remove Programs.
http://drivers.soft32.com/driver/download-Canon_BJC_6000-23391.html

"LLeniczek" <LLeniczek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have installed a cannon bjc 6000 printer on a windows xp machine.. It
>will
> not print and I'm wondering if I need to download a different driver.. I
> printed a test page and the only thing that printed was the colorful
> window
> symbol... The current driver assigned to printer is the Cannon bjc6000
> driver.. This printer was bought 3-4 years ago and I used it on a windows
> 98
> Dell machine... Any suggestions would be helpful... thanks in advance...
> Lora

Thanks Rich I will certainly give this a try... The print cartridges are
brand new , I forgot to mention that ....