Sign in with
Your question

Hackintosh?

Tags:
  • Mac OS X
Last response: in Mac Os X
July 16, 2011 2:55:40 AM

Okay, so I've googled my head off looking for a perfect tutorial on how to make a hackintosh. Sadly, I cannot find one! I have the bootable image file of Snow Leopard on my Mac OS X Extended Formatted 8 GB USB and cannot boot from it in bios. It doesn't show up.

Here are my PC specs:

AMD Phenom II x6 1100T 3.3 Ghz
8 GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
ASUS M4A89TD Series MB
Nvidia GeForce 250 GTS 1 GB
1 TB HD
Sony Optiac DVD Drive
USB Keyboard & Mouse

If anyone will point out a tutorial that has to do with installing Snow Leopard from USB on PC, thank you!

More about : hackintosh

July 17, 2011 5:00:28 AM

m
l
October 3, 2011 1:52:41 AM

Decide whether or not you wish to use a "distro" which does nearly all of the work for you (and necessarily involves using a pre-modded/pirated or "hacked" version of the Mac OS) or whether you prefer to use a retail version of the Mac OSX Install Disk with a boot loader custom made for your hardware. With an AMD system this will be a challenge as the Mac install basically communicates effectively with intel systems but winds up unresolved on AMD systems which often leads to software incompatibility down the road. Sites you should check out are nawcom's bitchblog, insanely mac osx86 project, voodoo projects.org, kexts.com and infinitely mac.com (and there are others too). Read the forum/threads begun by people with AMD systems attempting to get a stable Hacintosh up and running then go to the final pages of those threads and determine how many of their cases have been resolved successfully. Then consider your own hardware and decide whether or not it's worth it for you. Most posters will not lead you by the hand on this but if you continue reading you'll begin to get an understanding of what guys are talking about and begin to answer your own questions, i.e. perhaps an EVGA graphics card works but a PNY of the same chipset and model doesn't, or perhaps one board works but another very similar one crashes on boot. The slightest hardware differences may require you to customize your install in a way that the next guy won't have to but who has nearly identical equipment. Go figure. But this is by no means an exact science and almost always requires a great deal of patience - even with an Intel system.
m
l
!