hi, I want to buy a gaming laptop for 400£ or under, I'm going to be playing games like day z, minecraft, bf3, crysis on high if possible doent mind if they are refurbished but I doent want used. thanks
1. What is your budget? 400£
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15" 17"
3. What screen resolution do you want? any thing good for gaming
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? desktop replacement
5. How much battery life do you need? doent mind
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? day z, bf3, minecraft, crysis high if possible
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) just going on the web
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 500 min
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. doent mind but has to be a safe web site and uk based
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? as long as possible
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? doent mind
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I wanted to buy a Samsung rf511 but couldn't find one if someone could that would be great
13. What country do you live in? England
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
As much as Ninja is correct. You can find some pretty fine laptops that will be able to take gaming. Such as a laptop with one of AMD's APU (Either Llano or Trinity, I've personally got a A4-3305m Llano APU).
Take this one for example. http://pinterest.com/pin/193021533999234786/ (sorry for crappy link, but I have to make this quick)
Great computer with a discrete-CLASS gpu integrated into the board. For 449$, that will be able to run most mainstream games such as BF3 on low graphics (still looks beautiful), and other games. I wouldn't demand much from these laptops but for a budget computer, they bring great gaming!
EDIT: Pardon that link, thats the wrong computer. But if you can find something like this on the web http://www.amazon.ca/HP-Pavilion-G6-1D40CA-15-6-inch-No...
Exact same model as my laptop, which I overclocked the Procesor from 1.9ghz to 2.6ghz stable. I'm able to run Bf3 on medium settings and other games such as Assassin's Creed 3 not too badly (still waiting for that dang patch to fix Boston though).
Oh, also, if you do get one of these Llano based APU Processors, you can use a software called K10STAT to overclock them to extraordinary amounts! These are some tough cores... I'd definitely check it provided you do some research on it though...