Idiot or bad ASUS V7700 bios update

G

Ok, I will start off by admitting that I am a fool, hopefully you will not reiterate the point to often. I have killed my ASUS V7700 Deluxe (GTS2). I wanted to try out sidebanding, so I downloaded a program for the ASUS website called v77bios.exe which was supposed to flash my bios and enable sidebanding.I started the program and then realized that I had no way to flash back to my original bios. THe flash program said "Do you want to update your bios?" and I clicked no. Then it asked if I wanted to exit setup and I cliecked yes. The next time I rebooted my computer I had no signal coming from the video card. I assume that the bios update program erased my original and then I exited out before putting the new one on. If anybody can help, please speak up. Thanks

(Yes my computer was working fine before I did this. Yes there a lesson to be learned here but if you dont have fun tweaking it, what is the use!)

CB

kal326

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Well my exprience with most flash programs is that if you click the cancel before anything is done then nothing is done and everything is normal. In this case this doesnt seem to be the case. I would try removing the card and booting the machine. Then power down and try the card again. If that doesnt work then try the card in another machine. If it doesnt work in another machine chances are that its the bios. I would check with asus if there is some sort of recovery for the bios though. Most modern motherboards have some sort of recover for bad flashes. I would think video cards would have the same. All though i have never had a flash go wrong or a canceled flash cause problems, its is always best to do some testing to make sure what the problem is.