Updating system BIOS

I recently wiped my hard drive to then reinstall XP afterwards. Along with
reinstalling XP, I also need to install the correct BIOS config. for my
machine, which I have. The problem is, how?

I boot the machine up in DOS, I try to find the file that needs to then be
executed, which is on my hard drive, but DOS won't recognise the C: command.
Therefore, I can't access my hard drive or the file that will in turn update
my BIOS setting.

I'm stuck. Please, please advise.

start in XP
copy the file to the floppy
or
Take HD to friends computer
hook it up as a slave
copy file to floppy
reverse precedure
good luck
peterk

the problem
"Farilee" <Farilee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently wiped my hard drive to then reinstall XP afterwards. Along with
> reinstalling XP, I also need to install the correct BIOS config. for my
> machine, which I have. The problem is, how?
>
> I boot the machine up in DOS, I try to find the file that needs to then be
> executed, which is on my hard drive, but DOS won't recognise the C:
> command.
> Therefore, I can't access my hard drive or the file that will in turn
> update
> my BIOS setting.
>
> I'm stuck. Please, please advise.

The "how" of updating your bios should be available on the web site where
you downloaded the update. Look for these instructions there.

You usually need to download an installer program, create a DOS bootup
floppy and place both the downloaded files on the floppy.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

Quote from: George Ankner

"Farilee" <Farilee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently wiped my hard drive to then reinstall XP afterwards. Along with
> reinstalling XP, I also need to install the correct BIOS config. for my
> machine, which I have. The problem is, how?
>
> I boot the machine up in DOS, I try to find the file that needs to then be
> executed, which is on my hard drive, but DOS won't recognise the C:
> command.
> Therefore, I can't access my hard drive or the file that will in turn
> update
> my BIOS setting.
>
> I'm stuck. Please, please advise.

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> I recently wiped my hard drive to then reinstall XP
> afterwards. Along with
> reinstalling XP, I also need to install the correct BIOS
> config. for my
> machine, which I have. The problem is, how?
>
> I boot the machine up in DOS, I try to find the file that
> needs to then be
> executed, which is on my hard drive, but DOS won't recognise
> the C: command.
> Therefore, I can't access my hard drive or the file that will
> in turn update
> my BIOS setting.
>
> I'm stuck. Please, please advise.

if you alredy have the file to update the file, what you first need to
do is to put it on a floppy disk, and boot into DOS using a windows 98
boot disk or otehr wise, and the replace the win98 boot disk with the
disk the has the file on it and you should be able to guess the rest.
The reason you canot access C:\ in dos is because it dose not support
NTFS, whcih i can asume your hardrive is formated to. any way, I hope
this works.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Updating-system-BIOS-ftopict554372.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1760220

www.bootdisk.com if you don't have one