somone told me how to disable the auto-launch feature for everything, but i
can't remeber where it was... if somone knows what im talking about can you
give me the command line to access that menu again please?

1. Open XP's "Help and Support Center".
2. In the Search box type: AUTOPLAY , and hit enter.
3. Click on: "Change how your computer handles multimedia content".

Alternatives:

Disable CD autoplay, completely, in Windows XP Home
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/cd_autoplay_home.htm

To Disable CD autoplay, completely, in Windows XP Pro
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/cd_autoplay_pro.htm

[Courtesy of Doug Knox, MS-MVP]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Sir_Civik wrote:
> somone told me how to disable the auto-launch feature for
> everything, but i can't remeber where it was... if somone
> knows what im talking about can you give me the command line
> to access that menu again please?

If you're talking about programs that start automatically then
you may be thinking of msconfig. If that's the case, go to
Start -> Run and enter msconfig in the Open box. Click OK.
Click on the Startup tab. The programs listed with a check mark
next to them are automatically launched when your computer
starts. Removing the check mark will disable that feature.

Nepatsfan