windows passwords

Status
Not open for further replies.

windows is telling me my password has expired on my laptop and when i try to
change it it is saying that the user name/old pasword is incorrect, i have
only ever used 1 password and im spelling it right, is there a way to bypass
it

Hi,

Boot tapping the F8 key as the BIOS information goes by. At the
Windows Advanced Options menu select Safe Mode. On the welcome screen
select Administrator. This is the hidden Administrator account (not
intended for day to day use) and assuming a password was never
assigned to it click enter.
Account changes can be made from Control Panel, or:
From there go to Start - Run and type
control userpasswords2
then press enter. From there you can select any user account and Reset
Passwords, add/remove accounts or change account type.

Then go to Start - Run and type lusrmgr.msc and press enter.
Now click on Users in the left pane to expand it.
Double-click on the user account that had expired.
Check 'Password Never Expires'.

Restart the system and login using the new password.

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

bigdave wrote:
> windows is telling me my password has expired on my
> laptop and when i try to change it it is saying that the
> user name/old pasword is incorrect, i have only ever used
> 1 password and im spelling it right, is there a way to
> bypass it

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS