2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
13-17 (preferably 15)
3. What screen resolution do you want?
1600x900 or higher
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable, I'm in the military and I don't have a lot of storage space living on a ship.
5. How much battery life do you need?
I guess average, at least more than 3 hours.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
It would be nice to play Skyrim on high settings or battlefield 3 on at least medium (30fps is playable right?)
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
I mainly want an all around pc that can do whatever I need it to from gaming to video editing.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
I would like to find one with two bays, I can upgrade it from there, 128 ssd an 1tb hhd.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Anything that doesn't look shady.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
As long as possible.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Not necessary but I wouldn't mind it.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Any brand, I have no preference.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I prefer matte screen but if the matte screen protectors work then I could do that. I also would like a pc that's solid aluminum or any type of metal or maybe strong plastic no thicker than 1 inch.
I've had my eyes on the Gigabyte u2442 but it only has a dual core processor, the Dell XPS 15 but it it has a super high gloss screen, and the ASUS touch u500vz but I can't find this one anywhere, I don't need the touch screen but the nvidia 650 gddr5 would be awesome!