Mouse Scroll Very Odd

Okay please help. I had WIN ME and my mouse worked fine. I upgraded to XP,
here where the problem began. Rather than a smooth scroll ( as I had before
in ME, and I have with 2000 at work) XP jumps around. Okay so I thought that
I had a bad mouse. Went out and bought a logitech click optical mouse.
Reloaded all of the drivers and what happens same thing. There is no more
smooth scroll the screen jumps up and down no matter what I do and forget
using the scroll bar on the right of the screen that is much worse. PLease
help before I go crazy.

Things that I have done.
Changed the number of lines to scroll from 1,3,6,screen, and back again.
These changes just make the screen jump not scroll.
Unloaded all mouse drivers and reloaded, Same issues.

Please help.....

Your video adapter drivers probably need to be reinstalled.
Visit the support web site of the manufacturer of your video
card adapter and download the latest drivers.

Before installing them, uninstall the old drivers. In your
Control Panel, open the Add or Remove Programs applet
and look for your video drivers to uninstall.

If you happen to have a notebook computer, visit the notebook
manufacturer's support website to download the correct video
adapter drivers for your specific notebook model.

After installing a fresh set of drivers, right-click on your
desktop and select Properties > Settings, change the Color
Quality to "Highest (32 bit), then adjust your Screen Resolution
to your liking, then click on Apply.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"tedjillett" wrote:

| Okay please help. I had WIN ME and my mouse worked fine. I upgraded to XP,
| here where the problem began. Rather than a smooth scroll ( as I had before
| in ME, and I have with 2000 at work) XP jumps around. Okay so I thought that
| I had a bad mouse. Went out and bought a logitech click optical mouse.
| Reloaded all of the drivers and what happens same thing. There is no more
| smooth scroll the screen jumps up and down no matter what I do and forget
| using the scroll bar on the right of the screen that is much worse. PLease
| help before I go crazy.
|
| Things that I have done.
| Changed the number of lines to scroll from 1,3,6,screen, and back again.
| These changes just make the screen jump not scroll.
| Unloaded all mouse drivers and reloaded, Same issues.
|
| Please help.....

The drivers I had for my video card were only for 95,98, Me.. Luckly I was
able to find a new set of drivers on the web. Thank God I can now function
again.

Thank You very much... You're Awesome