I am looking for the minimum laptop I would need to run Microsoft Flight Simulator X with high graphics. I would also like to run Pro Tools 10 and Sony Sound forge as well as Sony Vegas 12.
I see some nice systems from Pro-Star and XoticPC but can I really use more than 8 GB of DDR3 and do I really need an Nvidia GTX670? I am not sure where overkill begins for the programs I want to run.
Weight and battery life do not matter to me. I was looking at an MSI. Any help?! Thanks in advance.
1. What is your budget? $1000-$1500
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 17"
3. What screen resolution do you want? 1080
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? ?
5. How much battery life do you need? Doesn't matter
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Microsoft Flight Simulator X on high settings
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Sound recording with Pro Tools 10 or Sony Sonic Foundry as well as video editing with Sony Vegas 12
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? ? (solid state for quiet?)
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Pro-Star, XoticPC
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 5 years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Blue Ray writer/reader
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. ?
13. What country do you live in? United States
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.