Keyboard problem

Hi all
Im having problem with my keyboard.
My mom was using My laptop and now for some unknown reason
keyboard is messed up.
When I try to type something involving keys like M J K L U I O
numbers are showing.
I noticed that under those keys are little numbers.
M=0
J=1
K=2
L=3
U=4
I=5
O=6
Also when i try to use shift + one of those keys nothing happens.
Please help

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Keyboard-problem-ftopict554357.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1760120
6 answers Last reply
More about keyboard problem

    "Dominick" wrote:
    > Hi all
    > Im having problem with my keyboard.
    > My mom was using My laptop and now for some unknown reason
    > keyboard is messed up.
    > When I try to type something involving keys like M J K L U I O
    > numbers are showing.
    > I noticed that under those keys are little numbers.
    > M=0
    > J=1
    > K=2
    > L=3
    > U=4
    > I=5
    > O=6
    > Also when i try to use shift + one of those keys nothing
    > happens.
    > Please help

    it sounds like a function button must have been presed, you should
    look around the keyborad for a button with a F on it, (not F1 or F2)
    and press it. My keyborad dose a similare thing with my function key.

    "Sparda" wrote:
    > it sounds like a function button must have been presed, you
    > should look around the keyborad for a button with a F on it,
    > (not F1 or F2) and press it. My keyborad dose a similare thing
    > with my function key.

    thanks for the reply.
    I tried looking for the "f" key but i cant find anything like that
    :(
    I really dont want to format over some stupid little thing like that
    heh
    Anyone else knows how to turn that "thing" off

    "Dominick" wrote:
    > thanks for the reply.
    > I tried looking for the "f" key but i cant find anything like
    > that :(
    > I really dont want to format over some stupid little thing
    > like that heh
    > Anyone else knows how to turn that "thing" off

    is tehre any light indicator to surgest that a specil keyborad
    function has been actiavted, for examle when i press the function key
    i have a strip of plastic that glows blue untill i press the function
    key again.

    Hi Dominick.

    I would guess it has to do with the Num Lock. Some keyboards have that
    function but all you do is to press the Num Lock key.

    Regards,

    Gunilla.

    "Dominick" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> skrev i meddelandet
    > Hi all
    > Im having problem with my keyboard.
    > My mom was using My laptop and now for some unknown reason
    > keyboard is messed up.
    > When I try to type something involving keys like M J K L U I O
    > numbers are showing.
    > I noticed that under those keys are little numbers.
    > M=0
    > J=1
    > K=2
    > L=3
    > U=4
    > I=5
    > O=6
    > Also when i try to use shift + one of those keys nothing happens.
    > Please help

    > request
    > Topic URL:
    > http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Keyboard-problem-ftopict554357.html

    Im having problem with my keyboard. When I try to type something like A Z Q
    1 nothing happens.
    Please help.

    Hi Dodo.

    May I suggest to you (without meaning to be rude) that the next time you are
    having problem and feel the need of posting a request that it is better to
    not jump into another ones, and also old thread, as normally the people here
    who gives of their help would not see your request, or even bother to
    answer.

    Since I saw this one I can just, based on the little info you have given,
    tell you to check the cable, what ever the connection you have from the
    keyboard to the PC, or to change the keyboard to another one. Otherwise...if
    nothing helps then come back with a new post, not a post in this thread.

    Best regards,

    Gunilla.

    "dodo" <dodo@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet

    > Im having problem with my keyboard. When I try to type something like A Z
    > 1 nothing happens.
    > Please help.

Support Microsoft Keyboards Windows XP