Keyboard problem

July 8, 2005 3:36:18 AM

Hi all
Im having problem with my keyboard.
My mom was using My laptop and now for some unknown reason
keyboard is messed up.
When I try to type something involving keys like M J K L U I O
numbers are showing.
I noticed that under those keys are little numbers.
M=0
J=1
K=2
L=3
U=4
I=5
O=6
Also when i try to use shift + one of those keys nothing happens.
Please help

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Keyboard-pr...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1760120

More about : keyboard problem

July 8, 2005 3:36:30 AM

"Dominick" wrote:
> Hi all
> Im having problem with my keyboard.
> My mom was using My laptop and now for some unknown reason
> keyboard is messed up.
> When I try to type something involving keys like M J K L U I O
> numbers are showing.
> I noticed that under those keys are little numbers.
> M=0
> J=1
> K=2
> L=3
> U=4
> I=5
> O=6
> Also when i try to use shift + one of those keys nothing
> happens.
> Please help

it sounds like a function button must have been presed, you should
look around the keyborad for a button with a F on it, (not F1 or F2)
and press it. My keyborad dose a similare thing with my function key.
Anonymous
July 8, 2005 3:36:56 AM

"Sparda" wrote:
> it sounds like a function button must have been presed, you
> should look around the keyborad for a button with a F on it,
> (not F1 or F2) and press it. My keyborad dose a similare thing
> with my function key.

thanks for the reply.
I tried looking for the "f" key but i cant find anything like that
:(
I really dont want to format over some stupid little thing like that
heh
Anyone else knows how to turn that "thing" off
Related resources
July 8, 2005 3:37:02 AM

"Dominick" wrote:
> thanks for the reply.
> I tried looking for the "f" key but i cant find anything like
> that :(
> I really dont want to format over some stupid little thing
> like that heh
> Anyone else knows how to turn that "thing" off

is tehre any light indicator to surgest that a specil keyborad
function has been actiavted, for examle when i press the function key
i have a strip of plastic that glows blue untill i press the function
key again.
Anonymous
July 8, 2005 5:56:23 PM

Hi Dominick.

I would guess it has to do with the Num Lock. Some keyboards have that
function but all you do is to press the Num Lock key.

Regards,

Gunilla.

"Dominick" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Hi all
> Im having problem with my keyboard.
> My mom was using My laptop and now for some unknown reason
> keyboard is messed up.
> When I try to type something involving keys like M J K L U I O
> numbers are showing.
> I noticed that under those keys are little numbers.
> M=0
> J=1
> K=2
> L=3
> U=4
> I=5
> O=6
> Also when i try to use shift + one of those keys nothing happens.
> Please help

> request
> Topic URL:
> http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Keyboard-pr...
August 2, 2005 5:35:07 AM

Im having problem with my keyboard. When I try to type something like A Z Q
1 nothing happens.
Please help.
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 6:09:49 PM

Hi Dodo.

May I suggest to you (without meaning to be rude) that the next time you are
having problem and feel the need of posting a request that it is better to
not jump into another ones, and also old thread, as normally the people here
who gives of their help would not see your request, or even bother to
answer.

Since I saw this one I can just, based on the little info you have given,
tell you to check the cable, what ever the connection you have from the
keyboard to the PC, or to change the keyboard to another one. Otherwise...if
nothing helps then come back with a new post, not a post in this thread.

Best regards,

Gunilla.

!