Removing TEmp files

I am trying gto remove temp files form this directory path c:\windows\temp
the file names are CS***.tmp where the ***is a hex number. There is about a
hundred of htem and when I go to delete them thay say they are being used.
Could any one tell me what they are for and how to delete them.
Thanks in advanced
1 answer Last reply
More about removing temp files

    Hi

    Is there also a .TXT file in that folder which may give a clue as to what
    those files belong to? They could be part of an installation of a 3rd party
    program. Try to delete them via Safe Mode to the Reycle Bin.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    >I am trying gto remove temp files form this directory path c:\windows\temp
    > the file names are CS***.tmp where the ***is a hex number. There is about
    > hundred of htem and when I go to delete them thay say they are being used.
    > Could any one tell me what they are for and how to delete them.
    > Thanks in advanced

Microsoft Windows XP