WHY YOU SHOULDN'T BUY THE XBOX

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
HERE IS A LIST YOU SHOULD READ:

1. All you AMD lovers, it ran by a INTEL p3 733. SO BUY YOUR INTEL RAN BOXES.

2. WOW DDR-SDRAM. ddr & p3 is a waste of bandwith. the p3 and the nv20 share the memory.

3. you linux people make my sick if you buy it.
----microsoft is the maker of it
----Ran buy Directx
----Most likely use some sort of windows.

4. Buy into the evil empire.

5. PowerPC 400mhz VS. P3 733mhz - Dont make me laugh

6. will have no trademark games but nintendo does (mario face it what bigger than that)

7. Sega will leave the console business soon. They will start writing games for nintendo. i even hear merge talks.

8. well xbox will most likely do what sony did.
---make limited copys
---sell for $300.00+
---people will find out its not really great and return it.

9. well Graphics processor: From 300MHz to 250MHz
Polygon performance: From 300 M/sec to 125 M/sec
DVD movie playback: Now requires remote control accessory

10. Well the gamecube looks better and comes in different colors. the xbox is mostly likely 4x bigger then gamecube.

11. gameboy well be able to hook up to it.

12. i found this off ign.com

In fact, Gamecube's audio hardware does much more than we had previously thought. Though Nintendo lists the DSP's sampling frequency at 48khz and notes that its capable of outputting 64 voices, the figure is most certainly not peak performance. Rather, Engel suggests that Nintendo's hardware can do 64 "3D" voices as a minimum -- and this in real-time, peak-performance gameplay environments. Internal performance tests by Factor 5 have already wielded results around 100 voices, however, and Engel notes that it can actually do much more than that depending on the gameplay scenario presented. For comparative purposes, Microsoft claims that Xbox can output 256 voices, but that's a misleading peak figure because once you add in "3D" voices that figure drops down to 64 immediately too.

http://cube.ign.com/news/28757.html

13. Nintendo only job is Video Games consoles, guess what Mircosoft doesn't.

------please dont buy the XBOX and get the game cube i hope i gave you good reasons ----------------------------

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Oh my gosh, do you think we care? We've heard this from you a thousand times before. NOBODY CARES we don't buy consoles anyway

as for this

"8. well xbox will most likely do what sony did.
---make limited copys"

Do you think Sony wanted to do that? No! Microsoft has already made plans to make TONS of these things for release.

mpjesse

Splendid
Your underestimating the most successful software company in the world. In 20 years NO ONE has been able to put up a decent fight against M$. Have you seen the specs for the NV20? Game Cube will do well- yes. But, X-Box has sOOOOOOOOO much hype it'll kill Sony. Nintendo is losing anyways- the most successful gaming console right now is PlayStation and it came out way b4 N64. Have you seen how many game developers have signed on with X-Box? EVERY SINGLE ONE. In the console business, the best looking graphics doesn't mean jack [-peep-]- it's how many titles the console has. PlayStation has the most. When M$ goes all out- I don't envy it's competiton and enemies. And guess what? M$ is going all out.

-MP Jesse

FrankW

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
--- Hardware built by M$ (LOL) ---

Are you kidding? The hardware M$ does make is some of the best around. The intellimouse (optical and wheel), their keyboards, and let's not forget their joysticks. I'm not a console person (don't own any), but I think X-Box is going to be a serious piece of hardware.

G

Gah, Who care about consoles anyway, why pay $100 for a single game then why can download them for free from the internet warez sites. And this Xbox console will it be able to run piracy copied games from the net. And what I hear it will only be able to to run Direct3D games (becoz Microsoft want to destory the open industry standard 3D API for its own propitary controlled 3D API Direct3D), not OpenGL games like Quake, Doom-III, Unreal, etc.

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Nevermind, ok who cares i was just was trying to bring a point you thats all. I just wanted to notify you not get bashed.

ATI RADEON 32MB DDR RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jg38141

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I hope it will be able to run warez games. The only console I have ever owned, and still occasionally buy games for on e-bay, is the atari2600. It's just dumb and fun. But if I do buy one it will be the x box just because it is packed with features, does not use rambus and looks really cool. I'm sure the games will rock too, I mean when a company as big as M$ goes all out on developing anything the end result is usually cool. Too bad they don't go all out on developing their OS's, they definitly do on OS marketing though. Bastards.

"Are you saying that I can dodge bullets?"

G

Hey now man.. Console gaming beat the sh3yte out of computer gaming during the times of the super nintendo. For now, I have grown addicted to the twisted metal series and console RPG's, the only reason that i bought a playsation.

WildRhino

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
This is the Hardware Guide community, right? So ne comment on hardware is valid.

Nintendo are past masters at producing hyper quality at the expense of quantity. I will buy the Gamecube.

Remember - Consoles, by their nature, are toys.