Today some of my major programs stoped executing. When I click on the
program's icon nothing happens. The program's executable is listed in Task
Manager, but it won't execute.

Here is a list of some of my programs that don't work:

1) Quicken 2005
2) MathCad
3) Jasc's Paint Shop Pro 9
4) JPSoft's 4NT and Take Command
5) Window's own "Help and Support"

Here is a list of some of my programs that do work:

1) Browsers Firefox, IE6, Opera, and Netscape 8.0
2) IncrediMail
3) Geometer's Sketchpad 4.06
4) Winamp and MS Media Player
5) MS Office 2003