Some Programs Don't Execute

Today some of my major programs stoped executing. When I click on the
program's icon nothing happens. The program's executable is listed in Task
Manager, but it won't execute.

Here is a list of some of my programs that don't work:

1) Quicken 2005
2) MathCad
3) Jasc's Paint Shop Pro 9
4) JPSoft's 4NT and Take Command
5) Window's own "Help and Support"

Here is a list of some of my programs that do work:

1) Browsers Firefox, IE6, Opera, and Netscape 8.0
2) IncrediMail
3) Geometer's Sketchpad 4.06
4) Winamp and MS Media Player
5) MS Office 2003
6) OpenOffice 1.1.4
7) ZoneAlarm Firewall
8) Lavasoft's Ad-aware

Any help will greatly be appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about some programs execute

    Can't open EXE files
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555067&Product=winxp

    Windows XP File Association Fixes

    [Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Bractals" wrote:

    | Today some of my major programs stoped executing. When I click on the
    | program's icon nothing happens. The program's executable is listed in Task
    | Manager, but it won't execute.
    |
    | Here is a list of some of my programs that don't work:
    |
    | 1) Quicken 2005
    | 2) MathCad
    | 3) Jasc's Paint Shop Pro 9
    | 4) JPSoft's 4NT and Take Command
    | 5) Window's own "Help and Support"
    |
    | Here is a list of some of my programs that do work:
    |
    | 1) Browsers Firefox, IE6, Opera, and Netscape 8.0
    | 2) IncrediMail
    | 3) Geometer's Sketchpad 4.06
    | 4) Winamp and MS Media Player
    | 5) MS Office 2003