User Login inoperative

There are five different sign in users each with our own password for my
computer with Windows XP Professional. The three non-administrator users are
now refused to login to the setup desktop and automatically resorts back to
the user login select in desktop. It attempts to login but returns to the
original display. I have had problems with the computer shutdown operating as
restart without power off. I did do several chkdsk in DOS and some files were
truncated and saved. This fault appeared to occur after this event. Can you
please advise me how to remedy?

The Profiles are probably corrupt

811151 - How to Copy User Data to a New User Profile:

or some system file:

To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type: SFC /SCANNOW

--
Mark L. Ferguson