Common Music Folder has been renamed and worked incorrectly

July 8, 2005 8:19:02 AM

I have noticed that Music folder in Common Documents for all users in
Windows XP is no longer named Music (common) and instead just My Music, also
music icon disappeared and inside the folder no Music Tasks pane. Just like
it became usual folder. I cannot rename this folder back to Music (common)
and customize it as Music folder because ths system displays error message:
"... this is a system folder. You cannot change it ..."

Please advice.

Dmitry

Windows XP Professional (Russian Edition) Service Pack 2
Anonymous
July 8, 2005 3:04:26 PM

Shared Documents in English.

%allusersprofile%\Documents
or
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents

See Shared Documents, Shared Music, Shared Pictures and Shared Videos
here...

Question: One of my special folders (e.g. My Documents, My Music, My
Pictures, Shared Documents, etc) has lost its name, lost its icon, or has
the wrong Task Pane template, how can I get it back?

Answer: This problem can occur if the hidden desktop.ini file in the special
folder is corrupt or missing. Here are the steps to fix this problem:
Illustrated, detailed instructions here:
http://computers.douglasthrift.net/winxpfaq.html#faq3

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:E96FE883-97CB-4DAF-909B-5329299ED2C5@microsoft.com,
Dmitry <Dmitry@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I have noticed that Music folder in Common Documents for all users in
> Windows XP is no longer named Music (common) and instead just My Music,
> also music icon disappeared and inside the folder no Music Tasks pane.
> Just like it became usual folder. I cannot rename this folder back to
> Music (common) and customize it as Music folder because ths system
> displays error message: "... this is a system folder. You cannot change
> it ..."
>
> Please advice.
>
> Dmitry
>
> Windows XP Professional (Russian Edition) Service Pack 2
July 9, 2005 6:21:02 AM

Thanks!

It helped.

Dmitry.

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Shared Documents in English.
>
> %allusersprofile%\Documents
> or
> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents
>
> See Shared Documents, Shared Music, Shared Pictures and Shared Videos
> here...
>
> Question: One of my special folders (e.g. My Documents, My Music, My
> Pictures, Shared Documents, etc) has lost its name, lost its icon, or has
> the wrong Task Pane template, how can I get it back?
>
> Answer: This problem can occur if the hidden desktop.ini file in the special
> folder is corrupt or missing. Here are the steps to fix this problem:
> Illustrated, detailed instructions here:
> http://computers.douglasthrift.net/winxpfaq.html#faq3
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:E96FE883-97CB-4DAF-909B-5329299ED2C5@microsoft.com,
> Dmitry <Dmitry@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > I have noticed that Music folder in Common Documents for all users in
> > Windows XP is no longer named Music (common) and instead just My Music,
> > also music icon disappeared and inside the folder no Music Tasks pane.
> > Just like it became usual folder. I cannot rename this folder back to
> > Music (common) and customize it as Music folder because ths system
> > displays error message: "... this is a system folder. You cannot change
> > it ..."
> >
> > Please advice.
> >
> > Dmitry
> >
> > Windows XP Professional (Russian Edition) Service Pack 2

Anonymous
July 9, 2005 1:30:35 PM

Glad to hear it, Dmitry. Keep having fun.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User