Voodoo2 SLI

G

A friend of mine just gave me his old Voodoo2 card. I'd like to use this card in SLI mode with my card. What do I need to do to make these work in SLI mode? I have them cabled together. Are there any software configuration changes that need to be made?

HamsterSlayer

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
For one thing, I'd suggest that the two cards has to be exactly alike...you probably won't get very far with a combination of cards from two different manufacturers.

Besides from that I think all it takes is to get the driver settings right...there should be a SLI function somewhere. You should probably use 3Dfx's drivers.

Maybe an update of the cards' BIOS would help.

By the way, did you know that SLI stands for Scan Line Interface...?
I just <i>had</i> to pull that one off...

kal326

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
if the internal cable is plugged in and the external cables are plugged in, the software should detect the sli and run it. The only change would be if you at one time disabled sli detection in the video settings. Other then that you wont notice any other change other then being able to run higher resolutions on the v2's

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
bthe two video cards have to be the same or you will have to download a special driver for mismatched cards in order to work. Also, what motherboard are you using?

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!

G

I have a Gigabyte Appollo Pro based Socket370...I forget the model. I'm using the latest 3dfx reference driver. The cards are not identical, one is a Diamond and one is a Creative Labs. Chip for chip, trace for trace, these boards are identical. The Voodoo2 boards do not have an on-board BIOS.

Do you have a link for the different driver?

G

The only mention of SLI in the Control Panel applet is to Disable it...

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
check to see if your voodoo rig is can run in 1024 x 768 mode...if they can then sli is working and a different driver is not needed.

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!