problem with Task Manager

When I hit Ctrl Alt Del to get windows task manager up, all i get is a
small window showing Local area Connection and Tiscali Broadband usage
on a flowing bar graph. I don't get the usual window with options to
check or close running programs.
I am running Windows XP home edition (service pack 2)

Have i got a virus cos my other machine opens up the full task manager
without any problems

--
well_thumbed
well_thumbed's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=10514

    Hi

    Try double clicking the edge of the Task Manager.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "well_thumbed" <well_thumbed.1ruqp1@no-mx.forums.iamnotageek.com> wrote in
    message news:well_thumbed.1ruqp1@no-mx.forums.iamnotageek.com...

    > When I hit Ctrl Alt Del to get windows task manager up, all i get is a
    > small window showing Local area Connection and Tiscali Broadband usage
    > on a flowing bar graph. I don't get the usual window with options to
    > check or close running programs.
    > I am running Windows XP home edition (service pack 2)
    >
    > Have i got a virus cos my other machine opens up the full task manager
    > without any problems
    >

    > --
    > well_thumbed
    > well_thumbed's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=10514
    > View this thread: http://www.iamnotageek.com/showthread.php?t=1819089316

    Such a simple answer! Ideal for a simple bloke like me :)

    Did the trick, thanks.

    --
    well_thumbed
    well_thumbed's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=10514
    View this thread: http://www.iamnotageek.com/showthread.php?t=1819089316

    You're welcome - glad your problem is solved.

    --

    "well_thumbed" <well_thumbed.1ruxmu@no-mx.forums.iamnotageek.com> wrote in
    message news:well_thumbed.1ruxmu@no-mx.forums.iamnotageek.com...

    > Such a simple answer! Ideal for a simple bloke like me :)
    >
    > Did the trick, thanks.
    >

    > --
    > well_thumbed
    > well_thumbed's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=10514