  • Microsoft
  • Task Manager
  • Windows XP
July 8, 2005 12:03:11 PM

When I hit Ctrl Alt Del to get windows task manager up, all i get is a
small window showing Local area Connection and Tiscali Broadband usage
on a flowing bar graph. I don't get the usual window with options to
check or close running programs.
I am running Windows XP home edition (service pack 2)

Have i got a virus cos my other machine opens up the full task manager
without any problems

--
well_thumbed
well_thumbed's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=10514

More about : problem task manager

Anonymous
July 8, 2005 6:19:02 PM

Hi

Try double clicking the edge of the Task Manager.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"well_thumbed" <well_thumbed.1ruqp1@no-mx.forums.iamnotageek.com> wrote in
message news:well_thumbed.1ruqp1@no-mx.forums.iamnotageek.com...

> When I hit Ctrl Alt Del to get windows task manager up, all i get is a
> small window showing Local area Connection and Tiscali Broadband usage
> on a flowing bar graph. I don't get the usual window with options to
> check or close running programs.
> I am running Windows XP home edition (service pack 2)
>
> Have i got a virus cos my other machine opens up the full task manager
> without any problems
>

> --
> well_thumbed
> well_thumbed's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=10514
> View this thread: http://www.iamnotageek.com/showthread.php?t=1819089316

Anonymous
July 8, 2005 8:50:12 PM

You're welcome - glad your problem is solved.

--

"well_thumbed" <well_thumbed.1ruxmu@no-mx.forums.iamnotageek.com> wrote in
message news:well_thumbed.1ruxmu@no-mx.forums.iamnotageek.com...