Trapped in the Matrox Vortex

G

Here is how I stand. I like playing games, and last july, i bought a Matrox G400. Why dont i just upgrade to a geforce or raedon (no way, ati) you ask? Well, im also a video editor in my spare time, so i bought the matrox rainbow runner g-series. I really like it, but here's the catch: you have to link the rainbow runner to the G400 by internal cables. I dont know if the card can work without them, and i think it cant. Trust me, ive heard many rumors of a g800 but i dont know if this is true. If it is, i would definately consider buying it. I guess i just need to know what my upgrade options are, and if i have to replace the rainbow runner. Thanks alot matrox :(

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by ast15 on 01/07/01 02:27 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

Did anyone see the Anandtech article about graphics cards in 2001? The part on matrox is kinda depressing.
They said the matrox wont say anything until sometime in march. i wonder if i should scrap the g400 and rainbow runner and buy a new geforce2mx and other capture card or wait for g800 and keep my rainbow runner?
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by ast15 on 01/07/01 03:02 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

mpjesse

Splendid
Umm... look at a Quadro2 or FireGL if you want to upgrade and there's nothing to offer from Matrox. I'll admit- Matrox does offer the best price/performance ratio for video editing.

-MP Jesse

G

yeah, I guess that'll have to do, unless the g800 proves to be something great.