Atari football X & O (kick/down and out)

Last response: in Deals
March 6, 2005 10:14:38 AM

I have a question for the group, not a technical one, but actually a
game play question.
here goes,
I finally got my X's and O's fully working and started to have friends
over to play. As much fun and hand burn as I remembered.
anyways, there are 4 plays on the CP as well as described in the
manual. 2 running (sweep and keeper) and 2 passing (bomb and down and
out) I could have sworn I remembered a kick/punt option. well I found
the kick option. every friggin time you choose down and out the qb
drops back into shotgun and punts regardless of what down it is. of
course this results in a switch of ball possession rendering the down
and out play unusable for an offensive play (other than a fake punt or
of course punt) second discovery is that if I choose "keeper" and then
try to pass the ball instead of run it actually seems to change to a
down and out play. Do I have a hacked boardset? does anyone else out
there's game play this way?
does anyone remember seeing a "kick option" in the 2 player version? I
am getting close to 40 and my memory is going. thanx to anyone who can
shed some insight to my question.

Thanx

Richie at punchrecords dot net

PS My computer recently crashed and I have just gotten back online I am
looking for the kind soul who offered to help me with my gridiron fight
board problems. I lost his email address as well as mailing address.
Hey buddy, If you see this post please hit me with an email.. thanx

More about : atari football kick

Anonymous
March 6, 2005 10:27:13 AM

after reading KLOV I saw that the 4 player version had a kick/punt
option but I never ever remember playing with more than two people as
well as the design/sideart on the 4 was unfamiliar. is it possible I
have chips from the 4 player on my 2 player board?? I am befuddled.
Anonymous
March 6, 2005 12:15:40 PM

so what you are saying is that I have the wrong cp glass for my board?
do you remember where you saw the guy sellin them? on these boards?
thanx

Richie
Anonymous
March 6, 2005 2:08:51 PM

There are 2 different versions out there. One has the kick option, the
other doesn't.

Someone was selling NOS play selection glass that had the kick option on it.

Mike Fox
Algonquin, IL

"punchdaddy" <richie@punchrecords.net> wrote in message
> after reading KLOV I saw that the 4 player version had a kick/punt
> option but I never ever remember playing with more than two people as
> well as the design/sideart on the 4 was unfamiliar. is it possible I
> have chips from the 4 player on my 2 player board?? I am befuddled.

Anonymous
March 7, 2005 12:46:05 PM

would you happen to know then if on the kick rom version
the Keeper play is lost or the down and out/keeper forms a
different play? does anyone out there burn roms?

actually this is a good time to ask this,

what is needed, say if I was to want to buy the equipment
and start burning my own roms? anyone do this at home
and have advice on where/what equipment to buy?

thanx

Richie
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 6:13:26 PM

2 rom versions exist for 2 player football. 1 has the kick/punt play one
does not. You must have the play plexis for the version that does not but
have the roms with kick /punt in your game. You can either burn the other
roms or get a new play plexi to correct this.

G.

!