Dr Watson Postmorten Debugger

Help, My son's computer is saying Dr Watson Postmorten Debugger encountered a
problem and needs to close down. I press don't send and then nothing happens,
even switch it with my computer hook ups because I have internet and he does
not and pressed send and nothing happens. I asked dell and they had me run a
test and said it is not a hardware problem. Is there a way I can restart his
computer and get it back to the way it was like when I bought it last Nov.

Cathy E,

A couple of weeks ago I upgraded my wife's machine from Me to XP Home and
was getting a similar error when I attempted to change the way desktop icons
were arranged.

It turned out that I needed to upgrade a driver. If your son's computer is
only 8 months old it is unlikely to be a Dell driver problem, but if he has
added any hardware it could be a driver problem related to the added
hardware.

Wayne

"Cathy E." <Cathy E.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Help, My son's computer is saying Dr Watson Postmorten Debugger
> encountered a
> problem and needs to close down. I press don't send and then nothing
> happens,
> even switch it with my computer hook ups because I have internet and he
> does
> not and pressed send and nothing happens. I asked dell and they had me run
> test and said it is not a hardware problem. Is there a way I can restart
> his
> computer and get it back to the way it was like when I bought it last Nov.

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> Help, My son's computer is saying Dr Watson Postmorten
> Debugger encountered a
> problem and needs to close down. I press don't send and then
> nothing happens,
> even switch it with my computer hook ups because I have
> internet and he does
> not and pressed send and nothing happens. I asked dell and
> they had me run a
> test and said it is not a hardware problem. Is there a way I
> can restart his
> computer and get it back to the way it was like when I bought
> it last Nov.

If you have a recovary disk, use that. If not look at the manual of
your computer to see if it has a recovary partion, if you have nither
of these featurs, you may have to call dell and ask them how to do a
system recovary.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Dr-Watson-Postmorten-Debugger-ftopict554587.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1761314