Sign in with
Your question

Gaming laptop IN CANADA

December 5, 2012 5:14:14 PM

1. What is your budget?

1k - 2k$

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

14 - 15.6 inch

3. What screen resolution do you want?

1900x1080

Question : What's the difference between Matte Finished and Super Clear Glare Type screen?

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

I need it portable (but would like my laptop to be a beast as well). For instance, I do not need 2 hard drives (only one SDD for instance). I need to know how much it weight (looking for 5-8lbs) + a not so heavy adaptor. My old laptop, a M1730 from DELL, was a bit too heavy, but the worst was the SUPER HUGE and HEAVY/NON PRACTICAL adaptor. I do not want to live this nightmare again.

5. How much battery life do you need?

I do not care. I will use battery very rarely and not for a long time.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

I would play games (at high setting). I need MINIMUM a 650GT. I would like something more if the price/perfomance is worth it. Any comments on what mobile video card I should buy ?

My old laptop lasted for about 4/5 years. That's why I'd rather buy a good video card that can last for +- 4 years.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

Matlab(programming) and stuff like that, but not that much.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

SDD 250g should be enough.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

Actually, the main issue is here. Ibuypower, cyberpower, pro-star all ship to CANADA now, BUT you have to pay brokerage fee + taxes via UPS (and I hate UPS). Any comments on that ? Any decent canadian company I should look into ?

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

4 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

Do not care much.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

Do not care much.

13. What country do you live in?

Canada (!). Ibuypower, cyberpower, pro-star all ship to CANADA now, BUT you have to pay brokerage fee + taxes via UPS (and I hate UPS). Any comments on that ? Any decent canadian company I should look into ?

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

I'd like 16gig of ram and a good wireless card. Any suggestion for the latter?

Are the specials of Xmas worth it ? Should I wait for boxing day specials? I do not know if they apply to laptop ? I do not need it right now. I can wait a few weeks/months.

Anything else I should consider before I buy?

More about : gaming laptop canada

!