Source for Maxtor

Last response: in Computer Brands
April 26, 2005 9:18:53 AM

I am planing to get the new Maxtor One Touch II 300gb external hard drive.
The best prices I have gotten are from two companies unkown to me. Has any
one ever heard of or used Buy.com or Zip Zoom Fly both in CA?

More about : source maxtor

Anonymous
April 26, 2005 10:35:12 PM

I have purchased a number of items, including hard drives from Zip Zoom
Fly. The have always been very reliable.

Joan

John R. Pickett wrote:
> I am planing to get the new Maxtor One Touch II 300gb external hard drive.
> The best prices I have gotten are from two companies unkown to me. Has any
> one ever heard of or used Buy.com or Zip Zoom Fly both in CA?

Anonymous
April 27, 2005 2:40:34 AM

They're both very good, but I would STRONGLY discourage you from purchasing
this device. If you use it for anything other than an occasional backup it
will overheat and fail. I no longer recommend Maxtor to ANYONE. I have had
four drives fail. All heat related as they run WAY too hot and can't handle
them.

Anything else.

I prefer Western Digital.

Tom
"Joan Hansen" <user@my.net> wrote in message
>I have purchased a number of items, including hard drives from Zip Zoom
>Fly. The have always been very reliable.
>
> Joan
>
> John R. Pickett wrote:
>> I am planing to get the new Maxtor One Touch II 300gb external hard
>> drive.
>> The best prices I have gotten are from two companies unkown to me. Has
>> any
>> one ever heard of or used Buy.com or Zip Zoom Fly both in CA?

April 27, 2005 2:40:35 AM

Tom, I agree on the Western Digtals. I have the WD 8 meg memory cache
external drive and it is great. The 8 meg cache is much faster then the
2 meg memory cache

Joan

Tom Scales wrote:
> They're both very good, but I would STRONGLY discourage you from purchasing
> this device. If you use it for anything other than an occasional backup it
> will overheat and fail. I no longer recommend Maxtor to ANYONE. I have had
> four drives fail. All heat related as they run WAY too hot and can't handle
> them.
>
> Anything else.
>
> I prefer Western Digital.
>
> Tom
> "Joan Hansen" <user@my.net> wrote in message
>
>>I have purchased a number of items, including hard drives from Zip Zoom
>>Fly. The have always been very reliable.
>>
>>Joan
>>
>>John R. Pickett wrote:
>>
>>>I am planing to get the new Maxtor One Touch II 300gb external hard
>>>drive.
>>>The best prices I have gotten are from two companies unkown to me. Has
>>>any
>>>one ever heard of or used Buy.com or Zip Zoom Fly both in CA?

Anonymous
April 27, 2005 2:40:36 AM

> Tom, I agree on the Western Digtals. I have the WD 8 meg memory cache
> external drive and it is great. The 8 meg cache is much faster then the 2
> meg memory cache
>
> Joan

And I agree about Maxtors in general. I would avoid the brand and get
either Seagate or WD drives.

Stew
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 2:40:37 AM

S.Lewis wrote:
|| "Joan Hansen" wrote
||| Tom, I agree on the Western Digtals. I have the WD 8 meg memory
||| cache external drive and it is great. The 8 meg cache is much
||| faster then the 2 meg memory cache
|| And I agree about Maxtors in general. I would avoid the brand and
|| get either Seagate or WD drives.

I vote Seagate! I had a bad experience with a WD drive about four years ago
and never tried them again. In the meantime, I've been using several
Seagate drives and they work like a charm. Quiet too.
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 2:40:38 AM

"Wortenheimer" <worten@heimer.com> wrote:

>S.Lewis wrote:

>|| "Joan Hansen" wrote

>|| And I agree about Maxtors in general. I would avoid the brand and
>|| get either Seagate or WD drives.

>I vote Seagate! I had a bad experience with a WD drive about four years ago
>and never tried them again. In the meantime, I've been using several
>Seagate drives and they work like a charm. Quiet too.

OTOH, I went WD after a bad experience with Seagate 12 years ago
and have been buying WD ever since with the same "work like a
charm" experience. Based on what I hear here and elsewhere,
Seagate has cleaned up their act since my experience with them;
and Maxtor has become shaky. So I'd echo the WD or Seagate
recommendation over Maxtor.
--
OJ III
April 27, 2005 3:47:47 AM

Both are very good suppliers. Use them both many times.

"John R. Pickett" <jrpickett@cp-tel.net> wrote in message
>I am planing to get the new Maxtor One Touch II 300gb external hard drive.
> The best prices I have gotten are from two companies unkown to me. Has
> any
> one ever heard of or used Buy.com or Zip Zoom Fly both in CA?

Anonymous
April 27, 2005 5:57:08 AM

I have made several purchases from buy.com and am very happy with their
service.

I bought a Maxtor 250 Gig (not from buy.com) and it was so hot to the touch
that I would be afraid it would start a fire.
I am happy with my WD.

Carol
--
C and A Bredt
"John R. Pickett" <jrpickett@cp-tel.net> wrote in message
>I am planing to get the new Maxtor One Touch II 300gb external hard drive.
> The best prices I have gotten are from two companies unkown to me. Has
> any
> one ever heard of or used Buy.com or Zip Zoom Fly both in CA?

Anonymous
April 27, 2005 9:09:16 AM

> They're both very good, but I would STRONGLY discourage you from
> purchasing this device. If you use it for anything other than an
> occasional backup it will overheat and fail. I no longer recommend Maxtor
> to ANYONE. I have had four drives fail. All heat related as they run WAY
> too hot and can't handle them.
>
> Anything else.
>
> I prefer Western Digital.
>
> Tom
> "Joan Hansen" <user@my.net> wrote in message
>>I have purchased a number of items, including hard drives from Zip Zoom
>>Fly. The have always been very reliable.
>>
>> Joan
>>
>> John R. Pickett wrote:
>>> I am planing to get the new Maxtor One Touch II 300gb external hard
>>> drive.
>>> The best prices I have gotten are from two companies unkown to me. Has
>>> any
>>> one ever heard of or used Buy.com or Zip Zoom Fly both in CA?

what a load of bullshit............it's your system that's got the problem.

I run 4 Maxtors, 2 internal (4 years), 2 external (2 years) with absolutely
no problems.
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 12:31:35 PM

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 22:36:57 -0400, Ogden Johnson III wrote:

> OTOH, I went WD after a bad experience with Seagate 12 years ago and
> have been buying WD ever since with the same "work like a charm"
> experience. Based on what I hear here and elsewhere, Seagate has
> cleaned up their act since my experience with them; and Maxtor has
> become shaky. So I'd echo the WD or Seagate recommendation over Maxtor.

I've been doing this (buying drives) since they first came on the market
for home/hobby users. These things go in phases, meaning that one vendor
will have a bad year and people will switch away, then a couple years
later the next vendor will have a bad year and the others will be good
(including the previously bad one), and the cycle repeats.

I've used Seagate, Maxtor, Western Digital, IBM, Samsung, Quantum,
Fujitsu, etc... I try and stick with Seagate, Maxtor and WD retail drives
and avoid the others at all cost.

--
spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

"Time Teamer" <btc@yobtinternet.com> wrote in message
news:D 4n6ps$idu$1@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...

>> They're both very good, but I would STRONGLY discourage you from
>> purchasing this device. If you use it for anything other than an
>> occasional backup it will overheat and fail. I no longer recommend
>> Maxtor to ANYONE. I have had four drives fail. All heat related as they
>> run WAY too hot and can't handle them.
>>
>> Anything else.
>>
>> I prefer Western Digital.
>>
>> Tom
>> "Joan Hansen" <user@my.net> wrote in message
>>>I have purchased a number of items, including hard drives from Zip Zoom
>>>Fly. The have always been very reliable.
>>>
>>> Joan

> what a load of bullshit............it's your system that's got the
> problem.
>
> I run 4 Maxtors, 2 internal (4 years), 2 external (2 years) with
> absolutely no problems.

Good for you. It's not my system, given that the failures have been in two
houses, and three computer systems. I suspect your use of Maxtors is the
average user. Mine is not. I do video editing and rendering and use my
machine for television recording. This requires reasonably sustained use of
the drive. Other drives handle it. Maxtors do not. They overheat, badly.
My use of the drives is not unreasonable and they should be able to handle
it. The Western Digital drives do. Heck, even my Quantum Bigfoot is going
strong.

I would be interested in knowing how you believe my systems are at fault?

Tom
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 8:33:27 PM

Tom Scales wrote:
> "Time Teamer" <btc@yobtinternet.com> wrote in message
> news:D 4n6ps$idu$1@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
>
>>"Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>They're both very good, but I would STRONGLY discourage you from
>>>purchasing this device. If you use it for anything other than an
>>>occasional backup it will overheat and fail. I no longer recommend
>>>Maxtor to ANYONE. I have had four drives fail. All heat related as they
>>>run WAY too hot and can't handle them.
>>>
>>>Anything else.
>>>
>>>I prefer Western Digital.
>>>
>>>Tom
>>>"Joan Hansen" <user@my.net> wrote in message

>>what a load of bullshit............it's your system that's got the
>>problem.
>>
>>I run 4 Maxtors, 2 internal (4 years), 2 external (2 years) with
>>absolutely no problems.
>>

> Good for you. It's not my system, given that the failures have been in two
> houses, and three computer systems. I suspect your use of Maxtors is the
> average user. Mine is not. I do video editing and rendering and use my
> machine for television recording. This requires reasonably sustained use of
> the drive.

Just out of curiousity, every try XFS? I hear that filesystem blows all
others out of the water when working with constant writing and large files.
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 8:44:49 PM

> "Time Teamer" <btc@yobtinternet.com> wrote in message
> news:D 4n6ps$idu$1@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
>>
>> "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in message
>>> They're both very good, but I would STRONGLY discourage you from
>>> purchasing this device. If you use it for anything other than an
>>> occasional backup it will overheat and fail. I no longer recommend
>>> Maxtor to ANYONE. I have had four drives fail. All heat related as
>>> they run WAY too hot and can't handle them.
>>>
>>> Anything else.
>>>
>>> I prefer Western Digital.
>>>
>>> Tom
>>> "Joan Hansen" <user@my.net> wrote in message

>> what a load of bullshit............it's your system that's got the
>> problem.
>>
>> I run 4 Maxtors, 2 internal (4 years), 2 external (2 years) with
>> absolutely no problems.
>>

> Good for you. It's not my system, given that the failures have been in
> two houses, and three computer systems. I suspect your use of Maxtors is
> the average user. Mine is not. I do video editing and rendering and use my
> machine for television recording. This requires reasonably sustained use
> of the drive. Other drives handle it. Maxtors do not. They overheat,
> badly. My use of the drives is not unreasonable and they should be able to
> handle it. The Western Digital drives do. Heck, even my Quantum Bigfoot is
> going strong.
>
> I would be interested in knowing how you believe my systems are at fault?
>
> Tom

and how do you know I am an average user ??????????????? MR TOM
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 8:44:50 PM

"Time Teamer" <btc@yobtinternet.com> wrote in message
news:D 4ofi1$q7o$1@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...

>> "Time Teamer" <btc@yobtinternet.com> wrote in message
>> news:D 4n6ps$idu$1@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
>>>
>>> "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in message

>>> what a load of bullshit............it's your system that's got the
>>> problem.
>>>
>>> I run 4 Maxtors, 2 internal (4 years), 2 external (2 years) with
>>> absolutely no problems.
>>>

>> Good for you. It's not my system, given that the failures have been in
>> two houses, and three computer systems. I suspect your use of Maxtors is
>> the average user. Mine is not. I do video editing and rendering and use
>> my machine for television recording. This requires reasonably sustained
>> use of the drive. Other drives handle it. Maxtors do not. They
>> overheat, badly. My use of the drives is not unreasonable and they should
>> be able to handle it. The Western Digital drives do. Heck, even my
>> Quantum Bigfoot is going strong.
>>
>> I would be interested in knowing how you believe my systems are at fault?
>>
>> Tom
>>

> and how do you know I am an average user ??????????????? MR TOM

No need to "go Irene" because of a simple question. How do you believe his
systems are at fault?

Stew
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 8:58:32 PM

"Nicholas Andrade" <sdnick484@nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> Good for you. It's not my system, given that the failures have been in
>> two houses, and three computer systems. I suspect your use of Maxtors is
>> the average user. Mine is not. I do video editing and rendering and use
>> my machine for television recording. This requires reasonably sustained
>> use of the drive.
>
> Just out of curiousity, every try XFS? I hear that filesystem blows all
> others out of the water when working with constant writing and large
> files.

No, as I haven't found I/O to be my limitation. Might look into it though.

Tom
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 9:00:24 PM

"Time Teamer" <btc@yobtinternet.com> wrote in message
news:D 4ofi1$q7o$1@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...

>> Good for you. It's not my system, given that the failures have been in
>> two houses, and three computer systems. I suspect your use of Maxtors is
>> the average user. Mine is not. I do video editing and rendering and use
>> my machine for television recording. This requires reasonably sustained
>> use of the drive. Other drives handle it. Maxtors do not. They
>> overheat, badly. My use of the drives is not unreasonable and they should
>> be able to handle it. The Western Digital drives do. Heck, even my
>> Quantum Bigfoot is going strong.
>>
>> I would be interested in knowing how you believe my systems are at fault?
>>
>> Tom
>>

> and how do you know I am an average user ??????????????? MR TOM

I don't. That's why I used the word SUSPECT. YOU were the one that declared
that my failing Maxtors were my fault. Are you avoiding answering my
question?

Tom
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 9:43:34 PM

Tom Scales wrote:
> "Nicholas Andrade" <sdnick484@nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>>Good for you. It's not my system, given that the failures have been in
>>>two houses, and three computer systems. I suspect your use of Maxtors is
>>>the average user. Mine is not. I do video editing and rendering and use
>>>my machine for television recording. This requires reasonably sustained
>>>use of the drive.
>>
>>Just out of curiousity, every try XFS? I hear that filesystem blows all
>>others out of the water when working with constant writing and large
>>files.
>

> No, as I haven't found I/O to be my limitation. Might look into it though.
>
> Tom

That makes sense; I'm thinking of eventually setting up a MythTV box
running Fedora. If I do, I'll likely go XFS on the media drives.
Currently I have DirecTV w/ (a modded) Tivo. Tivo adds $5 which seems
fair enough, however if the rumors turn out to be true and DTV rolls out
their own proprietary DVR, I'm likely to switch to Myth.
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 10:12:46 PM

> That makes sense; I'm thinking of eventually setting up a MythTV box
> running Fedora. If I do, I'll likely go XFS on the media drives.
> Currently I have DirecTV w/ (a modded) Tivo. Tivo adds $5 which seems
> fair enough, however if the rumors turn out to be true and DTV rolls out
> their own proprietary DVR, I'm likely to switch to Myth.

Consider Snapstream's BeyondTV. That's what I use and it is incredible. No
monthly fee. You can even schedule shows with a WAP enabled telephone. I'm
very pleased with it and run it with three tuners. One controls my cable box
flawlessly.

Tom
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 10:37:09 PM

> "Time Teamer" <btc@yobtinternet.com> wrote in message
> news:D 4ofi1$q7o$1@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
>>

>>> Good for you. It's not my system, given that the failures have been in
>>> two houses, and three computer systems. I suspect your use of Maxtors
>>> is the average user. Mine is not. I do video editing and rendering and
>>> use my machine for television recording. This requires reasonably
>>> sustained use of the drive. Other drives handle it. Maxtors do not.
>>> They overheat, badly. My use of the drives is not unreasonable and they
>>> should be able to handle it. The Western Digital drives do. Heck, even
>>> my Quantum Bigfoot is going strong.
>>>
>>> I would be interested in knowing how you believe my systems are at
>>> fault?
>>>
>>> Tom
>>>

>> and how do you know I am an average user ??????????????? MR TOM
>>

> I don't. That's why I used the word SUSPECT. YOU were the one that
> declared that my failing Maxtors were my fault. Are you avoiding answering
> my question?
>
> Tom

g0 back to your poor D70 photo taking.........that's what you are good at
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 11:09:49 PM

"Time Teamer" <btc@yobtinternet.com> wrote in message
news:D 4om4l$l81$1@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...

>> "Time Teamer" <btc@yobtinternet.com> wrote in message
>> news:D 4ofi1$q7o$1@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...

>>> and how do you know I am an average user ??????????????? MR TOM
>>>

>> I don't. That's why I used the word SUSPECT. YOU were the one that
>> declared that my failing Maxtors were my fault. Are you avoiding
>> answering my question?
>>
>> Tom
>>

> g0 back to your poor D70 photo taking.........that's what you are good at

yes, I see where you are coming from Time
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 12:21:12 AM

"Time Teamer" <btc@yobtinternet.com> wrote in message
news:D 4om4l$l81$1@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...

>> I don't. That's why I used the word SUSPECT. YOU were the one that
>> declared that my failing Maxtors were my fault. Are you avoiding
>> answering my question?
>>
>> Tom
>>

> g0 back to your poor D70 photo taking.........that's what you are good at

Actually I am quite good at it. I also shoot the D2X. Considering doing it
professionally.

What does that have to do with my question? We all know you're hiding behind
a fake name and I'm here to help and use my real name. Tell us who you are
and answer my question. We all know you're a troll; you've made that
perfectly clear.

Make yourself useful. Answer the question. Every time you post without
answering, you just reaffirm that you're a troll.

Tom
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 12:22:29 AM

"Saints 4 Ever" <stclause@hohobtinternet.com> wrote in message
news:D 4oo1t$lp4$1@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...

> "Time Teamer" <btc@yobtinternet.com> wrote in message
> news:D 4om4l$l81$1@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
>>
>> g0 back to your poor D70 photo taking.........that's what you are good at
>>

> yes, I see where you are coming from Time

Oh please. If you're going to make up another name and attempt to support
your own argument, it is best if you don't post from the same BT news
server.

You're not very bright, are you?

Tom
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 12:35:00 AM

> "Time Teamer" <btc@yobtinternet.com> wrote in message
> news:D 4om4l$l81$1@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
>>

>>> I don't. That's why I used the word SUSPECT. YOU were the one that
>>> declared that my failing Maxtors were my fault. Are you avoiding
>>> answering my question?
>>>
>>> Tom
>>>

>> g0 back to your poor D70 photo taking.........that's what you are good at
>>

> Actually I am quite good at it. I also shoot the D2X. Considering doing
> it professionally.
>
> What does that have to do with my question? We all know you're hiding
> behind a fake name and I'm here to help and use my real name. Tell us who
> you are and answer my question. We all know you're a troll; you've made
> that perfectly clear.
>
> Make yourself useful. Answer the question. Every time you post without
> answering, you just reaffirm that you're a troll.
>
> Tom

Ah, got it. You're the guy on rec.photo.digital that said you take better
pictures with you POS 950 than can be taken with a D70. You didn't like my
reply, searched for me, found I posted here and came in to troll.

Well done! You know how to use google! We're all so impressed.

Don't own any Maxtors, do ya?

This all started because YOU were snide to another person on
rec.photo.digital and I called you out. You really, really need to get a
life.

Now that you've been found out, will you just go away?

Tom
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 2:56:45 AM

Tom Scales wrote:
> "Nicholas Andrade" <sdnick484@nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
>

>>That makes sense; I'm thinking of eventually setting up a MythTV box
>>running Fedora. If I do, I'll likely go XFS on the media drives.
>>Currently I have DirecTV w/ (a modded) Tivo. Tivo adds $5 which seems
>>fair enough, however if the rumors turn out to be true and DTV rolls out
>>their own proprietary DVR, I'm likely to switch to Myth.
>

> Consider Snapstream's BeyondTV. That's what I use and it is incredible. No
> monthly fee. You can even schedule shows with a WAP enabled telephone. I'm
> very pleased with it and run it with three tuners. One controls my cable box
> flawlessly.
>
> Tom

Know how well it works with satelite? Unfortunately in my area, the
cable provider (Time Warner) has some rediculous rates for just basic
service (last year I read an article listing it as the second highest
cable rate in California). Tivo with DirecTV is great, esp. since
there's no compression done on the Tivo box (it records the MPEG2 stream
directly so the quality is great). Also the fee is independent of the
number of Tivo's you use (although DTV does charge extra for multiple
receivers). Also setting up an FTP daemon and other services was fairly
trivial on my unit.
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 3:03:50 AM

> Tom Scales wrote:
>> "Nicholas Andrade" <sdnick484@nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>

>>>That makes sense; I'm thinking of eventually setting up a MythTV box
>>>running Fedora. If I do, I'll likely go XFS on the media drives.
>>>Currently I have DirecTV w/ (a modded) Tivo. Tivo adds $5 which seems
>>>fair enough, however if the rumors turn out to be true and DTV rolls out
>>>their own proprietary DVR, I'm likely to switch to Myth.
>>

>> Consider Snapstream's BeyondTV. That's what I use and it is incredible.
>> No monthly fee. You can even schedule shows with a WAP enabled
>> telephone. I'm very pleased with it and run it with three tuners. One
>> controls my cable box flawlessly.
>>
>> Tom
> Know how well it works with satelite? Unfortunately in my area, the cable
> provider (Time Warner) has some rediculous rates for just basic service
> (last year I read an article listing it as the second highest cable rate
> in California). Tivo with DirecTV is great, esp. since there's no
> compression done on the Tivo box (it records the MPEG2 stream directly so
> the quality is great). Also the fee is independent of the number of
> Tivo's you use (although DTV does charge extra for multiple receivers).
> Also setting up an FTP daemon and other services was fairly trivial on my
> unit.

Should work flawlessly. Just have to have the right tuner card and likely a
USB-UIRT IR blaster (about $35). I like the Hauppauge TV PVR USB2, wince
you don't have to crack the box. Supports a S-VHS connection from the cable
box for the bext quality.

Here's a quote:

"(3) Beyond TV requires a PC IR blaster or serial port tuning cable for
tuning digital cable and satellite set-top boxes. Certain DirecTV set-top
boxes can be controlled using serial port tuning and other set-top boxes
require a PC IR blaster."

Tom
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 9:10:44 PM

>> "Time Teamer" <btc@yobtinternet.com> wrote in message
>> news:D 4om4l$l81$1@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...

>>> g0 back to your poor D70 photo taking.........that's what you are good
>>> at
>>>

>> Actually I am quite good at it. I also shoot the D2X. Considering doing
>> it professionally.
>>
>> What does that have to do with my question? We all know you're hiding
>> behind a fake name and I'm here to help and use my real name. Tell us
>> who you are and answer my question. We all know you're a troll; you've
>> made that perfectly clear.
>>
>> Make yourself useful. Answer the question. Every time you post without
>> answering, you just reaffirm that you're a troll.
>>
>> Tom
>>

> Ah, got it. You're the guy on rec.photo.digital that said you take better
> pictures with you POS 950 than can be taken with a D70. You didn't like
> my reply, searched for me, found I posted here and came in to troll.
>
> Well done! You know how to use google! We're all so impressed.
>
> Don't own any Maxtors, do ya?
>
> This all started because YOU were snide to another person on
> rec.photo.digital and I called you out. You really, really need to get a
> life.
>
> Now that you've been found out, will you just go away?
>
> Tom

lets just hope the D2X works better for you then.......

Maxtors
80GB x 2 internal
30GB x 1 external
300GB x 1 external

how are your eyes........
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 12:34:05 AM

"Saints 4 Ever" <stclause@hohobtinternet.com> wrote in message
news:D 4r5ek$qql$1@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...

>> "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Time Teamer" <btc@yobtinternet.com> wrote in message
>>> news:D 4om4l$l81$1@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...

>>> Actually I am quite good at it. I also shoot the D2X. Considering
>>> doing it professionally.
>>>
>>> What does that have to do with my question? We all know you're hiding
>>> behind a fake name and I'm here to help and use my real name. Tell us
>>> who you are and answer my question. We all know you're a troll; you've
>>> made that perfectly clear.
>>>
>>> Make yourself useful. Answer the question. Every time you post without
>>> answering, you just reaffirm that you're a troll.
>>>
>>> Tom
>>>

>> Ah, got it. You're the guy on rec.photo.digital that said you take better
>> pictures with you POS 950 than can be taken with a D70. You didn't like
>> my reply, searched for me, found I posted here and came in to troll.
>>
>> Well done! You know how to use google! We're all so impressed.
>>
>> Don't own any Maxtors, do ya?
>>
>> This all started because YOU were snide to another person on
>> rec.photo.digital and I called you out. You really, really need to get a
>> life.
>>
>> Now that you've been found out, will you just go away?
>>
>> Tom
>>

> lets just hope the D2X works better for you then.......
>
> Maxtors
> 80GB x 2 internal
> 30GB x 1 external
> 300GB x 1 external
>
> how are your eyes........

When you post your 'proof' it is always best to do it from your original
name, not the made up one that you used to agree with yourself. It tends to
lower your credability.

Oh, wait, are you really a different person that also happens to have
Maxtors?

Tom
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 1:13:06 AM

Time Teamer wrote:

<snip>

> g0 back to your poor D70 photo taking.........that's what you are good at

What the devil are you talking about? (the snipped text doesn't clarify
anything, that's why I snipped it)
!