Fido customer service down

Last response: in Network Providers
July 1, 2005 8:39:00 PM

Anyone know what's up with Fido customer service today?
All day today, when I call *46 I get a busy signal. When I call
866-923-3436 and get the voice response system, I can make an initial
menu selection, but then I get either a busy signal or "that number is
not in service" in French. When I call 888-481-3436, I get the voice
response system announcement, and then a pause, then "...sist you with
your account." <click!>.
Does this mean that Fido no longer employs enough people to have anyone
present on long weekends to fix their automated systems?

More about : fido customer service

Anonymous
July 4, 2005 1:39:38 PM

felixcct@yahoo.com wrote:
> Anyone know what's up with Fido customer service today?
> All day today, when I call *46 I get a busy signal. When I call
> 866-923-3436 and get the voice response system, I can make an initial
> menu selection, but then I get either a busy signal or "that number is
> not in service" in French. When I call 888-481-3436, I get the voice
> response system announcement, and then a pause, then "...sist you with
> your account." <click!>.
> Does this mean that Fido no longer employs enough people to have
> anyone present on long weekends to fix their automated systems?

I used to use *110 to instant-refill my fidomatic account but now I get a
message that "This service is no longer available...". So I tried the *46
which used to be quick because I'd memorized the menu hierarchy, but now I
have to wait for it to spell out all the options and say "that one" at the
right time. Hardly "instant" anymore.

Then at the end it can't refill my account and drops me into a 15 minute
queue for a drone. Trying to instant refill from the web site fails
equally.

Obviously the IVR system is a complete failure and the CSAs are overloaded
because they have to handle everything manually.
--
Dominic Richens | dominic@alumni.uottawa.ca
"If you're not *outraged*, you're not paying attention!"

Dominic Richens wrote:

> Obviously the IVR system is a complete failure and the CSAs are
> overloaded because they have to handle everything manually.

I am on the line with a CSA right now - apparently my credit card expiry
date didn't get transferred over to the "new system". Fair enough. Now
that it is in, she offered do walk me through the new IVR to
"instant"-refill my account. After two failed tries (taking about 4
minutes) she has now put me on hold :) )

She's now come back having refilled my account.

Hmm, time to get that cheap Bell Mobility offer through my work...

--
!