Installed SP2 now my mouse is lacking sensitivity

I have just installed Service Pack 2 which seemed to go fine but I seem to
have lost some sensitivity on my mouse. Certain small movements seem jerky,
especially when moving in an arc. Reinstalling my mouse drivers and trying
other USB ports (and the PS2 one) does not help. As soon as I uninstall SP2
the mouse works fine.

I've so far tried three different mice (all optical), an MS Wheelmouse, MS
Explorer, and MS Explorer 4.

Is this a known problem, and is there a fix?

Try Control panel>Mouse>Pointer Options.