font/unicode question

I have kind of an odd/tough question. I have a font with several characters
that are encoded only in Unicode...I think. When I open up Character Map, I
can see the characters there and it of course gives me the Unicode numbers
for it. These characters have no corresponding keyboard key or Alt code. They
appear to be solely Unicode. Normally, in such a case, in the Character Map I
can hit Select and Copy and then paste the character in whatever text program
I want. For some reason though, I can't with these characters. I don't know
if the font is damaged or what. I've tried everything I can think of but it
won't allow me to use them. Is there a way to straight type in a Unicode
character given the Unicode coding numbers or is the Select and Copy the only
way to access these?
*confused and annoyed*

Do these characters have a name?

A Font type?

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:922AA1A7-5B07-4AFA-9DC3-4C50C0F44312@microsoft.com,
CallistaZM <CallistaZM@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

In news:5127B46E-146D-42AF-8523-F328FAB5162E@microsoft.com,
CallistaZM <CallistaZM@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I have kind of an odd/tough question. I have a font with several
> characters that are encoded only in Unicode...I think. When I open up
> Character Map, I can see the characters there and it of course gives me
> the Unicode numbers for it. These characters have no corresponding
> keyboard key or Alt code. They appear to be solely Unicode. Normally, in
> such a case, in the Character Map I can hit Select and Copy and then
> paste the character in whatever text program I want. For some reason
> though, I can't with these characters. I don't know if the font is
> damaged or what. I've tried everything I can think of but it won't allow
> me to use them. Is there a way to straight type in a Unicode character
> given the Unicode coding numbers or is the Select and Copy the only way
> to access these? *confused and annoyed*

What do you mean? The font is called Hiragana Regular. The characters in
question are Hiragana (Japanese) letters. Most of the Hiragana set is in the
regular keyboard with some in Alt codes. Just a few are inaccessable to me,
but without them, I don't have access to the whole set of Hiragana letters.