Problem with Creative Geforce2 GTS

G

I'm running an athlon 950 computer, with 128meg ram, and a creative geforce2 gts card, and I've got a rather strange problem. When I'm running a game, certain parts of the sound stutters, particularly during cut scenes, causing the computer to slow down. Sound even stutters occassionally playing an audio CD in windows.
I've replaced the soundcard twice now: I'm now using a soundblaster 128, but still the sound is stuttering, so it can't be the soundcard. I can only assume it's something to do with the graphics card, because the motherboard has been checked for faults.
I read somewhere that there are compatibility problems with the geforce cards and amd athlon motherboards, I even downloaded a miniport AGP driver from the AMD homepage. Are there compatibility problems between the two? And, if not, does anybody know of this problem, and/or how to fix it? Just for info, I'm using the 6.31 detonator drivers.
Any advice would be welcome.

Retroguy.

FrankW

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I would check in the system Control Panel and make sure DMA is turned on for your drives. This seems to fix most stuttering problems.