modem no longer recognized

I bought a new windows XP SP2(not an upgrade) because I got a laptop with
windows 2000 that had leftover problems from the previous owner...after I did
a full install the built in modem is no longer recognized, but the high speed
modem is. I only have dial-up available at the moment and need to find out
how to find it. I have allready tried installing "basic" 56K modem from the
"internet and connectivity" menu (same place you add dial-up conections). I
don't know the brand of the specific modem in question, it is a Gateway
600YG2 laptop we got used. Please HELP!
1 answer Last reply
More about modem longer recognized

    Go to the Gateway site,punch in your model number and look under modem
    driver downloads
    peterk

    the problem
    "r_klaibou" <rklaibou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I bought a new windows XP SP2(not an upgrade) because I got a laptop with
    > windows 2000 that had leftover problems from the previous owner...after I
    > did
    > a full install the built in modem is no longer recognized, but the high
    > speed
    > modem is. I only have dial-up available at the moment and need to find
    > out
    > how to find it. I have allready tried installing "basic" 56K modem from
    > the
    > "internet and connectivity" menu (same place you add dial-up conections).
    > don't know the brand of the specific modem in question, it is a Gateway
    > 600YG2 laptop we got used. Please HELP!

Modem Dial Up Connection Windows XP