modem no longer recognized

July 8, 2005 11:19:01 PM

I bought a new windows XP SP2(not an upgrade) because I got a laptop with
windows 2000 that had leftover problems from the previous owner...after I did
a full install the built in modem is no longer recognized, but the high speed
modem is. I only have dial-up available at the moment and need to find out
how to find it. I have allready tried installing "basic" 56K modem from the
"internet and connectivity" menu (same place you add dial-up conections). I
don't know the brand of the specific modem in question, it is a Gateway
600YG2 laptop we got used. Please HELP!
Anonymous
July 9, 2005 12:36:00 AM

Go to the Gateway site,punch in your model number and look under modem
driver downloads
peterk

the problem
!