Update Error Message...!

Hello

I just did the latest Microsoft Update on July 3, 2005 and now I keep
getting an alert message via "Spy Bot's" SD Residence. You can view the alert
message at:

http://artisgraphics.com/alert

Any information or help would be appreciated.

Should I approve of the change and why, and also why does it keep appearing?

Thanks

Coastal Eddy
1 answer Last reply
More about update error message

    Allow the Change.

    dumprep 0 -k

    KernalFaultCheck:
    %systemroot%\\system32\\dumprep 0 -k

    Dumprep.exe = Windows Error Reporting Dump Reporting Tool

    You can disable this....
    Right click My Computer | Properties | Advanced tab | Under Startup and
    Recovery | Settings button | Under System Failure | UNCheck: ? Write an
    event to the system log | Under Write debugging information | Select (None)
    | OK | Apply | OK

    ? Write an event to the system log = dumprep 0-k
    [[Specifies whether Windows will write event information to the system log
    when the system stops unexpectedly.
    You must be logged on as a member of the Administrators group to set
    recovery options.]]

    Write debugging information:
    [[Specifies what type of information Windows should record when the system
    stops unexpectedly, and the name of the file that holds this information.]]

    Dump file:
    [[Provides a space for you to type the name of a log file that Windows can
    use to write the contents of system memory when the system stops
    unexpectedly.
    You must be logged on as a member of the Administrators group to set
    recovery options.]] %systemroot%\MEMORY.DMP is the default.

    If you have other, serious problems, then dumprep 0-k is automatically
    enabled.

    If you have Error Reporting enabled, this entry may show up for the first
    time after your PC has experienced a Windows XP dump crash, or an Office
    XP or Internet Explorer 6 crash where you were prompted about sending the
    crash results to Microsoft.

    To disable Error Reporting....
    Right click My Computer | Properties | Advanced tab |
    Error Reporting button | ? Disable error reporting

    Also.
    Start | Run | Type: services.msc | OK |
    Scroll down to and double click: Error Reporting Service | Apply | OK
    -----

    From...

    -k is a kernel fault check
    -u is a user fault check

    Generally the latter is seen when a user changes the default options in the
    startup and recovery settings to a small memory dump.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:FB7A9353-E929-4F9A-BAA3-5B4C6CC0D6BC@microsoft.com,
    Coastal_eddy <Coastaleddy@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Hello
    >
    > I just did the latest Microsoft Update on July 3, 2005 and now I keep
    > getting an alert message via "Spy Bot's" SD Residence. You can view the
    > alert message at:
    >
    > http://artisgraphics.com/alert
    >
    > Any information or help would be appreciated.
    >
    > Should I approve of the change and why, and also why does it keep
    > appearing?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Coastal Eddy

Support Microsoft Error Message Windows XP