Cannot open My Documents, etc...ole32.dll error message

July 9, 2005 6:39:34 AM

My Windows XP (Home Edition) Internet explorer (ver 6.x) does not
launch. In addition any process that requires explorer will not
launch. This includes "My Documents", "Control Panel", and of
course Internet Explorer. When I click My Documents, it thinks about
it, then all the icons on the desktop disappear for a moment and all
that I have is the background image. Then the icons return and
Explorer does not open. The error message I get indicates that there
is a problem with the ole32.dll file. I’ve run a virus scan and
spyware scan with no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

breagha

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-open-Docume...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1761313
Anonymous
July 9, 2005 2:51:50 PM

To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type: SFC /SCANNOW

--
Mark L. Ferguson