Cannot open My Documents, etc...ole32.dll error message

My Windows XP (Home Edition) Internet explorer (ver 6.x) does not
launch. In addition any process that requires explorer will not
launch. This includes "My Documents", "Control Panel", and of
course Internet Explorer. When I click My Documents, it thinks about
it, then all the icons on the desktop disappear for a moment and all
that I have is the background image. Then the icons return and
Explorer does not open. The error message I get indicates that there
is a problem with the ole32.dll file. I’ve run a virus scan and
spyware scan with no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

breagha

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-open-Documents-ole32.dll-error-message-ftopict554601.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1761313
1 answer Last reply
More about cannot open documents ole32 error message

    To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type: SFC /SCANNOW

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson
    "breagha" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message news:3_1761313_01cd076f1c97df5df21b094b9c36f787@windowsforumz.com...
    > My Windows XP (Home Edition) Internet explorer (ver 6.x) does not
    > launch. In addition any process that requires explorer will not
    > launch. This includes "My Documents", "Control Panel", and of
    > course Internet Explorer. When I click My Documents, it thinks about
    > it, then all the icons on the desktop disappear for a moment and all
    > that I have is the background image. Then the icons return and
    > Explorer does not open. The error message I get indicates that there
    > is a problem with the ole32.dll file. I've run a virus scan and
    > spyware scan with no luck.
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > breagha

    > Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-open-Documents-ole32.dll-error-message-ftopict554601.html
    > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1761313

Internet Explorer My Documents Error Message Windows XP