Removed ASP.Net Account and Can’t Get It Back

July 9, 2005 6:40:55 AM

I did a stupid thing by removing the ASP.Net Machine user account from
my XP system. I have tried everything I can think of to restore it,
but have been unsuccessful. I have uninstalled and reinstalled ASP
and the Framework, but nothing works. Can anyone shed some light?

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Removed-ASP...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1761877
Anonymous
July 9, 2005 4:00:28 PM

It is possible to recreate the user by issuing the following command from
the run dialog (changing the framework version number as appropriate)

%systemroot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis.exe /i

What is the ASP.NET Machine Account?
http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/aspdot.php

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:3_1761877_d293653ac9573ff2e6474f376f987e2c@windowsforumz.com,
bassmaj <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> hunted and pecked:
> I did a stupid thing by removing the ASP.Net Machine user account from
> my XP system. I have tried everything I can think of to restore it,
> but have been unsuccessful. I have uninstalled and reinstalled ASP
> and the Framework, but nothing works. Can anyone shed some light?

> request Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
> Topic URL:

http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Removed-ASP...
July 10, 2005 7:36:54 PM

"" wrote:
> It is possible to recreate the user by issuing the following
> command from
> the run dialog (changing the framework version number as
> appropriate)
>
> %systemroot%Microsoft.NETFrameworkv1.1.4322aspnet_regiis.e
> xe
> /i
>
> What is the ASP.NET Machine Account?
> http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/aspdot.php
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In
> bassmaj <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> hunted and pecked:
> > I did a stupid thing by removing the ASP.Net Machine user
> account from
> > my XP system. I have tried everything I can think of to
> restore it,
> > but have been unsuccessful. I have uninstalled and
> reinstalled ASP
> > and the Framework, but nothing works. Can anyone shed some
> light?
> >
> > --
> > Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's
> > request Articles individually checked for conformance to
> usenet standards
> > Topic URL:
> >
> http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Removed-ASP...
> > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report
> abuse:
> > http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1761877

Wes,

Thanks for the reply. This command was the first thing I tried. I
tried it again after your post and it still doesn’t work. Is there a
registry entery that could prevent the creation of the account, or
another procedure that might work?
Anonymous
July 10, 2005 9:39:31 PM

You have all I know about it.

I have removed the ASP.net account.

And I do not have Microsoft .Net Framework installed. I see absolutely no
need for it myself.

See if one of these will help...

How To Create a Custom Account to Run ASP.NET
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/libr...

In news:3_1763295_3a5fcf775a7a74173f5585cf32553ca4@windowsforumz.com,
bassmaj <DoNotEmail@WindowsForumz.com> hunted and pecked:

!