How can I restore my system to when I had just bought it?

I would like to know how I can make my system just as if I had just purchased
it out of the box and run it for the first time. This includes all my files
wiped, and only the basics re-installed. Or, I would like to know how to wipe
my hard drive. Please Help!
4 answers Last reply
More about restore system bought

    What you'd need to do depending on your brand of computer is probably take
    your recovery CDs and put them into your cd-rom drive. Go ahead and restart
    the computer. Once you get to the BIOS screen there will probably be some
    option like press F1 or press F12 to see a BOOT menu. Once you have access
    to your BOOT menu you're going to want to change it from boot from hard
    drive to boot from cd/dvd-rom drive. This should take you to a screen where
    it says Press any key to install Windows or something along those lines.

    --
    Nocturnal

    http://www.spywaretalk.org

    Pyro wrote:
    > I would like to know how I can make my system just as if I had just purchased
    > it out of the box and run it for the first time. This includes all my files
    > wiped, and only the basics re-installed. Or, I would like to know how to wipe
    > my hard drive. Please Help!

    Simply follow the instructions provided by the computer's manufacturer
    in the manual that accompanied the computer.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    Hi

    Please have a look at the following article by Michael Stevens regarding a
    'Clean' install of XP:

    "Clean Install Windows XP "

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    Please reply to the News Groups

    "Pyro" <Pyro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I would like to know how I can make my system just as if I had just
    >purchased
    > it out of the box and run it for the first time. This includes all my
    > files
    > wiped, and only the basics re-installed. Or, I would like to know how to
    > wipe
    > my hard drive. Please Help!

    "Pyro" <Pyro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I would like to know how I can make my system just as if I had just
    >purchased
    > it out of the box and run it for the first time. This includes all my
    > files
    > wiped, and only the basics re-installed. Or, I would like to know how to
    > wipe
    > my hard drive. Please Help!

    You need to give a little more info or people are guessing at what you have
    there.
    What did you get with your machine? A genuine Windows XP install CD? A
    recovery CD?
    Does the machine have a maker name? Most makers have help on their websites
    that often give the information you ask for- have you looked?

Microsoft Windows XP