How do i get the administrator account to show up on boot ??

Ive got XP Pro.

Also as default is it Admin or Administrator. As i know i created one
of them just dont want to dlete the real one :)

Thanks.

Hi,

There is a hidden account called Administrator. This account is not
intended for every day use.
To view this account, boot the system - tapping the F8 key as the BIOS
information goes by. At the Windows Advanced Options menu select Safe
Mode. On the welcome screen select Administrator.

You would have created the Admin account. Make sure you have a backup
of the data in that account before deleting it and choosing remove
files.
--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

Son Of Sheep. wrote:
> Ive got XP Pro.
>
> Also as default is it Admin or Administrator. As i know i
> created one of them just dont want to dlete the real one
> :)
>

> Thanks.

How do i get the administrator account to show up on boot ??

Go to http://www.gamegeneration.net/forums/printthread.php?t=7188

Instructions are to hide a user account, but when you create the DWORD, your
options are to set it either to 1 or 0. When you set it to 1 it will show
up on the welcome screen. If you set it to 0 it will be hidden.

Hide User Account in Windows XP

Others may want to log in to XP under your name. Hide your user account and
remove the temptation.

User accounts normally appear on your Windows XP welcome screen. Today I'll
show you a Windows tweak that lets you hide 'em from view. It only applies
to a user account you've already created, so if you want to hide a
completely new account, you must also create that account!

You'll need to go into your Registry, so back it up before you start just in
case you make a mistake.

Here's how to hide your user account.

Click Start, Run, and type "regedit" (without quotes).

Go to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Cu
rrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList

Modify or create DWORD Value by right-clicking the right side of the screen
and adding DWORD Value.

Give the value the same name as the account you want to hide. For example,
if you want to hide StealthAccount, name the value StealthAccount.

Set the Value Data to 0 to hide the account. Value Data: 1 makes the account
visible.

Exit the Registry and reboot.

Log on

To log on to your hidden account, you need to use the Log On To Windows
dialog box by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Delete twice. Make sure you're logged
off all accounts. You can't just switch users.

Not completely invisible

While your account remains hidden on the welcome screen, other users can
still see its profile in C:\Documents and Settings (or wherever user
profiles are stored), as well as in Local Users and Groups. So you're not
totally in the clear, but you're certainly under the radar!

Thanks to Tech TV for this tip. :thumb

"Son Of Sheep." <sheep.com.au> wrote in message

> Ive got XP Pro.
>
> Also as default is it Admin or Administrator. As i know i created one
> of them just dont want to dlete the real one :)
>

> Thanks.

Yeah i know how to get in admin mode via safe mode :)

I have created an Admin account called Admin. But how i make it the
same as the admin mode like with the safemode boot. I just want one i
can use not in safemode.

Thanks.

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 09:31:47 -0400, "Bert Kinney" <bert@NSmvps.org>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>There is a hidden account called Administrator. This account is not
>intended for every day use.
>To view this account, boot the system - tapping the F8 key as the BIOS
>information goes by. At the Windows Advanced Options menu select Safe
>Mode. On the welcome screen select Administrator.
>
>You would have created the Admin account. Make sure you have a backup
>of the data in that account before deleting it and choosing remove
>files.

Hi,

It's not clear to me what you are trying go achieve.

Are you saying that you created an account named Admin, but now you
want to remove the Administrator from Safe Mode?

If so, the Administrator account can not, and should not be removed
from Safe Mode. Password it and forget about it until you need it.
Just remember the password.

Does the Administrator account appear when you boot into Windows?

--

Son Of Sheep. wrote:
> Yeah i know how to get in admin mode via safe mode :)
>
> I have created an Admin account called Admin. But how i
> make it the same as the admin mode like with the safemode
> boot. I just want one i can use not in safemode.
>
> Thanks.
>

> On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 09:31:47 -0400, "Bert Kinney"
> <bert@NSmvps.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> There is a hidden account called Administrator. This
>> account is not intended for every day use.
>> To view this account, boot the system - tapping the F8
>> key as the BIOS information goes by. At the Windows
>> Advanced Options menu select Safe Mode. On the welcome
>> screen select Administrator.
>>
>> You would have created the Admin account. Make sure you
>> have a backup of the data in that account before
>> deleting it and choosing remove files.

I just want the default Administor account to be shown on a normal
bootup :)

I know it comes up in safemode. But i want it to be show in a normal
boot. I know you can do this is XP pro, but not in XP home.

Understand me now :)

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 12:48:17 -0400, "Bert Kinney" <bert@NSmvps.org>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>It's not clear to me what you are trying go achieve.
>
>Are you saying that you created an account named Admin, but now you
>want to remove the Administrator from Safe Mode?
>
>If so, the Administrator account can not, and should not be removed
>from Safe Mode. Password it and forget about it until you need it.
>Just remember the password.
>
>Does the Administrator account appear when you boot into Windows?

Ricky

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2003

Have a look here..
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_admin_ok.htm

> I just want the default Administor account to be shown on a normal
> bootup :)
>
> I know it comes up in safemode. But i want it to be show in a normal
> boot. I know you can do this is XP pro, but not in XP home.
>
> Understand me now :)
>

> On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 12:48:17 -0400, "Bert Kinney" <bert@NSmvps.org>
> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>It's not clear to me what you are trying go achieve.
>>
>>Are you saying that you created an account named Admin, but now you
>>want to remove the Administrator from Safe Mode?
>>
>>If so, the Administrator account can not, and should not be removed
>>from Safe Mode. Password it and forget about it until you need it.
>>Just remember the password.
>>
>>Does the Administrator account appear when you boot into Windows?

Yes I understand now!

To view the hidden Administrator account on the welcome screen, you
can use Doug's VB utility that Ricky mentioned, or you can use
TweakUI - Logon and check "Show Administrator on Welcome Screen".

Microsoft PowerToys - Tweakui for WinXP: Ver. 2.10 requires WinXP SP1
and later
http://www.microsoft.com/WINDOWSXP/home/downloads/powertoys.asp

With NO Service Packs installed, the earlier version can be found
here:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe

TweakUI can be accessed from Start - All Programs - Powertoys for
Windows XP

--

Son Of Sheep. wrote:
> I just want the default Administor account to be shown on
> a normal bootup :)
>
> I know it comes up in safemode. But i want it to be show
> in a normal boot. I know you can do this is XP pro, but
> not in XP home.
>
> Understand me now :)
>

> On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 12:48:17 -0400, "Bert Kinney"
> <bert@NSmvps.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> It's not clear to me what you are trying go achieve.
>>
>> Are you saying that you created an account named Admin,
>> but now you want to remove the Administrator from Safe
>> Mode?
>>
>> If so, the Administrator account can not, and should not
>> be removed from Safe Mode. Password it and forget about
>> it until you need it. Just remember the password.
>>
>> Does the Administrator account appear when you boot into
>> Windows?

TRENDING THREADS