How do i get the administrator account to show up on boot ??

Ive got XP Pro.

Also as default is it Admin or Administrator. As i know i created one
of them just dont want to dlete the real one :)

Thanks.
7 answers Last reply
More about administrator account show boot

    Hi,

    There is a hidden account called Administrator. This account is not
    intended for every day use.
    To view this account, boot the system - tapping the F8 key as the BIOS
    information goes by. At the Windows Advanced Options menu select Safe
    Mode. On the welcome screen select Administrator.

    You would have created the Admin account. Make sure you have a backup
    of the data in that account before deleting it and choosing remove
    files.
    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    Son Of Sheep. wrote:
    > Ive got XP Pro.
    >
    > Also as default is it Admin or Administrator. As i know i
    > created one of them just dont want to dlete the real one
    > :)
    >

    > Thanks.

    How do i get the administrator account to show up on boot ??

    Go to http://www.gamegeneration.net/forums/printthread.php?t=7188

    Instructions are to hide a user account, but when you create the DWORD, your
    options are to set it either to 1 or 0. When you set it to 1 it will show
    up on the welcome screen. If you set it to 0 it will be hidden.

    Hide User Account in Windows XP

    Others may want to log in to XP under your name. Hide your user account and
    remove the temptation.

    User accounts normally appear on your Windows XP welcome screen. Today I'll
    show you a Windows tweak that lets you hide 'em from view. It only applies
    to a user account you've already created, so if you want to hide a
    completely new account, you must also create that account!

    You'll need to go into your Registry, so back it up before you start just in
    case you make a mistake.

    Here's how to hide your user account.

    Click Start, Run, and type "regedit" (without quotes).

    Go to:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Cu
    rrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList

    Modify or create DWORD Value by right-clicking the right side of the screen
    and adding DWORD Value.

    Give the value the same name as the account you want to hide. For example,
    if you want to hide StealthAccount, name the value StealthAccount.

    Set the Value Data to 0 to hide the account. Value Data: 1 makes the account
    visible.

    Exit the Registry and reboot.

    Log on

    To log on to your hidden account, you need to use the Log On To Windows
    dialog box by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Delete twice. Make sure you're logged
    off all accounts. You can't just switch users.

    Not completely invisible

    While your account remains hidden on the welcome screen, other users can
    still see its profile in C:\Documents and Settings (or wherever user
    profiles are stored), as well as in Local Users and Groups. So you're not
    totally in the clear, but you're certainly under the radar!

    Thanks to Tech TV for this tip. :thumb

    "Son Of Sheep." <sheep.com.au> wrote in message

    > Ive got XP Pro.
    >
    > Also as default is it Admin or Administrator. As i know i created one
    > of them just dont want to dlete the real one :)
    >

    > Thanks.

    Yeah i know how to get in admin mode via safe mode :)

    I have created an Admin account called Admin. But how i make it the
    same as the admin mode like with the safemode boot. I just want one i
    can use not in safemode.

    Thanks.

    On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 09:31:47 -0400, "Bert Kinney" <bert@NSmvps.org>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >There is a hidden account called Administrator. This account is not
    >intended for every day use.
    >To view this account, boot the system - tapping the F8 key as the BIOS
    >information goes by. At the Windows Advanced Options menu select Safe
    >Mode. On the welcome screen select Administrator.
    >
    >You would have created the Admin account. Make sure you have a backup
    >of the data in that account before deleting it and choosing remove
    >files.

    Hi,

    It's not clear to me what you are trying go achieve.

    Are you saying that you created an account named Admin, but now you
    want to remove the Administrator from Safe Mode?

    If so, the Administrator account can not, and should not be removed
    from Safe Mode. Password it and forget about it until you need it.
    Just remember the password.

    Does the Administrator account appear when you boot into Windows?

    --

    Son Of Sheep. wrote:
    > Yeah i know how to get in admin mode via safe mode :)
    >
    > I have created an Admin account called Admin. But how i
    > make it the same as the admin mode like with the safemode
    > boot. I just want one i can use not in safemode.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >

    > On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 09:31:47 -0400, "Bert Kinney"
    > <bert@NSmvps.org> wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> There is a hidden account called Administrator. This
    >> account is not intended for every day use.
    >> To view this account, boot the system - tapping the F8
    >> key as the BIOS information goes by. At the Windows
    >> Advanced Options menu select Safe Mode. On the welcome
    >> screen select Administrator.
    >>
    >> You would have created the Admin account. Make sure you
    >> have a backup of the data in that account before
    >> deleting it and choosing remove files.

    I just want the default Administor account to be shown on a normal
    bootup :)

    I know it comes up in safemode. But i want it to be show in a normal
    boot. I know you can do this is XP pro, but not in XP home.

    Understand me now :)

    On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 12:48:17 -0400, "Bert Kinney" <bert@NSmvps.org>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >It's not clear to me what you are trying go achieve.
    >
    >Are you saying that you created an account named Admin, but now you
    >want to remove the Administrator from Safe Mode?
    >
    >If so, the Administrator account can not, and should not be removed
    >from Safe Mode. Password it and forget about it until you need it.
    >Just remember the password.
    >
    >Does the Administrator account appear when you boot into Windows?

    Have a look here..
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_admin_ok.htm

    > I just want the default Administor account to be shown on a normal
    > bootup :)
    >
    > I know it comes up in safemode. But i want it to be show in a normal
    > boot. I know you can do this is XP pro, but not in XP home.
    >
    > Understand me now :)
    >

    > On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 12:48:17 -0400, "Bert Kinney" <bert@NSmvps.org>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>It's not clear to me what you are trying go achieve.
    >>
    >>Are you saying that you created an account named Admin, but now you
    >>want to remove the Administrator from Safe Mode?
    >>
    >>If so, the Administrator account can not, and should not be removed
    >>from Safe Mode. Password it and forget about it until you need it.
    >>Just remember the password.
    >>
    >>Does the Administrator account appear when you boot into Windows?

    Yes I understand now!

    To view the hidden Administrator account on the welcome screen, you
    can use Doug's VB utility that Ricky mentioned, or you can use
    TweakUI - Logon and check "Show Administrator on Welcome Screen".

    Microsoft PowerToys - Tweakui for WinXP: Ver. 2.10 requires WinXP SP1
    and later
    http://www.microsoft.com/WINDOWSXP/home/downloads/powertoys.asp

    With NO Service Packs installed, the earlier version can be found
    here:
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe

    TweakUI can be accessed from Start - All Programs - Powertoys for
    Windows XP

    --

    Son Of Sheep. wrote:
    > I just want the default Administor account to be shown on
    > a normal bootup :)
    >
    > I know it comes up in safemode. But i want it to be show
    > in a normal boot. I know you can do this is XP pro, but
    > not in XP home.
    >
    > Understand me now :)
    >

    > On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 12:48:17 -0400, "Bert Kinney"
    > <bert@NSmvps.org> wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> It's not clear to me what you are trying go achieve.
    >>
    >> Are you saying that you created an account named Admin,
    >> but now you want to remove the Administrator from Safe
    >> Mode?
    >>
    >> If so, the Administrator account can not, and should not
    >> be removed from Safe Mode. Password it and forget about
    >> it until you need it. Just remember the password.
    >>
    >> Does the Administrator account appear when you boot into
    >> Windows?

Support Boot Microsoft Windows XP