I am about to tear my hair out. Please help!

July 9, 2005 10:09:01 AM

I just upgraded to MCE 2005 and eveything works fine except the Live TV
fuction. It does not matter if I try to access it with the mouse or the
remote control, it just does nothing. By nothing I mean that when Live TV is
selected, the button seems to respond but that is it. I know that there is a
signal coming in because i can use the manual recording and it records a
program and i can play it back.
The MCE came preloaded on the computer so I have no disks for it other that
the upgrade disk I just received and i don't think I can fix this problem
using this dis. I have already been to the Microsoft website and the closest
thing i could find was any issue that there is a long pause when tring to
start Live TV from My TV. I tried the fix from the command prompt like it was
suggested but this didn't fix the problem. Please tell me if more information
is needed and I will try to provide it.

Thanks, Richard

More about : tear hair

Anonymous
July 9, 2005 6:54:46 PM

Hi Richard

Have you tried the Media Center News Group with your question:

http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"pearcy159" <pearcy159@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just upgraded to MCE 2005 and eveything works fine except the Live TV
> fuction. It does not matter if I try to access it with the mouse or the
> remote control, it just does nothing. By nothing I mean that when Live TV
> is
> selected, the button seems to respond but that is it. I know that there is
> signal coming in because i can use the manual recording and it records a
> program and i can play it back.
> The MCE came preloaded on the computer so I have no disks for it other
> that
> the upgrade disk I just received and i don't think I can fix this problem
> using this dis. I have already been to the Microsoft website and the
> closest
> thing i could find was any issue that there is a long pause when tring to
> start Live TV from My TV. I tried the fix from the command prompt like it
> was
> suggested but this didn't fix the problem. Please tell me if more
> information
> is needed and I will try to provide it.
>
> Thanks, Richard
Anonymous
July 9, 2005 6:54:47 PM

No joy, i keep getting an "ERROR: 502" message. Any other help will be
apprecaited.

Richard

!